1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

primer shut off for 366

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SPACE GUN, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

Awhile back I saw someone post a way to make a primer shut off on my existing primer tube for the 366. Would you please post or e-mail me me the process. I tried to buy one from hornady buy they said they were backordered and did not follow up on a delivery time.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Might have been my pic but it's nothing more than a Hornady primer tube with shut-off. I also drilled holes to check the primer level. Doggai has the best suggestion as it will work just as good as my purchased piece but the modification is free if you do it yourself. Here is the pic anyway.---Matt

grntitan_2009_250366.jpg

3. Erik W

Erik W Member

The 366 is a great old workhorse press and love to see the tips offered by loyal users. The upside primer tip is one of the best.

4. TC

TC TS Member

Have to agree, the upside down primer works the best.

5. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I milled a slot through both sides of the tube near the plastic piece. It serves as a window to check when primers are out. I use two 1.5" long 1/8" cotter pins to shut off the primers. I insert one cotter pin up from the bottom to rause the primers in the tube and then put the other cotter pin through both slots to block the primer flow.

Jim Skeel

skeeljc_2008_030343.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

366 primer shut off