1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PRIMER QUESTION

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by THALL, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THALL

THALL Member

A friend gave me 4,000 Winchester W209 primers. The business end of the primer is white. I would imagine these primers are over 30 years old. Since I use Nobel Sport primers, I was wondering how the Nobel Sport compares to these older Winchester primers? Tim Hall

2. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

As one who used to use Winchester primers but currently uses Nobel Sport, I would wager you will not know the difference.

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

You MIGHT find the NS's are a tad bigger and the Winchester will fall out of the NS hole. Load a couple to check. Power wise, no problem.

4. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

Tim,
    If you use Wins behind Nobelsports, they are gonna fall out. Brass bases - many will stay in and it will be simply a major PITA; steel bases - many will fall out and it will effectively prevent you from reloading. I suggest you use new empties if you want to change to WIns. I agree that several reputable minds have said that you can interchange the two brands unless you are on the edge of max pressures.

K

5. Firewater

Firewater Member

J B Weld . Mike

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

And remember ... primers are like toilet paper ... you only use them once!

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.