1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

primer feed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapman99, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapman99

trapman99 TS Member

i have a mec 9000 with the large primer tray having trouble with primers not wanting to slide down to tube is there a way to correct this problem buy the way it worked fine when it was new not sure if i need to clean and lube or what

thanks jim

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Have you tried turing the tray up (clockwise)? Loose the set screw that hold the tray, push it a little towards the back of the machine reset the screw and try it.

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Trapman, get some Pledge furniture polish and polish where the primers set. Works like a charm.

If you have the newer tray, use a q-tip to get all the way down to where they drop.

Do this a couple times a year and that should take care of it.

Hauxfan!

4. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Spray silicon on the tray and wipe it off. Works on my primer tray. Darrell

5. IM390

IM390 Member

Be careful if you take it apart, there is a light spring in front of you under the right side of the plexiglass top cover that likes to jump out and disappear. You can take the cover off with three long allen screws and go over everything in 2 minutes with Pledge. Be sure to clean up the excess or they'll stick and you'll have a real mess.

6. willing

willing Member

Just in case the spring jumps and disappears, a spring from a ball point pen works. LOL

Bill

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Bill.......? That sounds like the voice of experience.....lol lol

Hauxfan!

8. billn

billn Member

I got some Silicon spray on the top cover on my tray and it spotted it up, so be careful, Not sure if it would do anything to the bottom tray. I use the Pledge also and works fine like the others say.

9. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I had a post a couple months ago about this same problem, the primer would hang up at the hindge point of the tray, a tap (whack) of the trap and it would fall out, bouncing out onto the bench, rolling to some obscure hidden spot #$%^&!
    What I found was that I was lifting the tray up too high, this was causing the primers to cock and catch in the hindge area. The FIX: move to eye level, align the top tube section, the part that is adjustable with the tray, with the drop tube, so it forms a straight line drop and I bet your issue will go away.....wiping the tray with silicone spray will make them slide down the TRAY easier too....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.