1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Primer feed problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Wahoo, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

Got out and dusted off a Grabber I hadn't used in about 18 months today. The only problem I encountered was the primer feed. They didn't. Some kind of gunk had settled on the plate so I cleaned it and burnished it until it shone like a mirror. That did the trick when I put a full box of primers in it. Worked as it should until it got down to only the last two rows of primers against the spring arm and then they quit feeding. The spring arm operated correctly and the gap opened up for the primer to pass through but the line of primers did not move. I went through this routine several times and never got those last two lines of primers to feed. Would like to hear from anyone who has also had this problem and what they did to correct it.

Thanks.

2. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I surmise this is the old style primer feed, with spring and bead chain. I had a little problem like this occasionally, so I backed off the screw in the drop tube clamp, turned the tray and tube assembly sightly, to give a little more angle to the tray. The slight increase in angle of the tray was enough to make the primers slide right on in. You could also try to spray the tray with furniture polish, and polish it up so it is slipperier.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

A little paste wax on the plate, buff it with a soft cloth and the primers should slide down better. HMB

4. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

Guess that will teach you for leaving a loader gathering dust for 18 months.

I have done both methods here,
    You may have knocked the tray down when it was stored and it may need a slight upward pressure to tweak it back into position.

Good Luck, Doug

5. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

I had the same problem. The primer tray had been bent down. Bent up the tray to the correct angle and problem was corrected. To find out my cat had jumped down from the shelf above the reloader and hit the primer tray.

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Sounds like you did your part, now start working on your "bending technique". I went through this too. In fact, after a lttle too much bending and Dremel Tooling, I had to get my cousin to reweld it for me. ;-)

What the other guys said. Good luck.

Bob Falfa

7. Firewater

Firewater Member

I had the same problem. Called Mec, they said to use pledge furn polish. Eleminates static. now have the large primer tray . Everytime I have a little problem I clean it with pledge and clears up .Also what others said.Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.