1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Primer feed on Mec 9000

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bassetguy, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassetguy

bassetguy TS Member

I recently bought an older MEC 9000 reloader (12ga). I am having an issue getting the primer feeder to align properly so the primers drop straight. They are not aligned with the recessed holes in the plate that rotates. Any hints on setting the drop tube so the primers will drop correctly?

Bassetguy

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I use a BIG pair of channel locks to adjust the tube, be gentle and all will be good. Jake

3. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

If all else fails, grab the Tube Clamp with a pair of pliers and tweek it a little. It may have gotten bent a bit in transport. Doesn't take much force to line it up correctly

[​IMG]

4. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Jake types faster than me. hehe

5. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

I had the same problem with a brand new one and MEC replaced the tube and mount assembly. One of the problems is when you try to tighten the mount, because they supply a lock type nut the whole assembly moves. It just takes some patience and fiddling around.

I'm having the same problem with a "650" and the old style primer tray. I'm trying to design a better system.

Chuck

6. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

I replaced the older style 100 primer tray with the chain, with the new 200 primer tray with the transfer bar and am glad I did. The new primer system works like a dream and the primers flow nice and smooth. I use a 9000G

Oscar

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You have three adjustments that are critical to performance.

1. The height of the tube, adjusted by loosening the screw and moving the tube up or down.

2. The angle of the tube so it alligns with the hole in the plate. Pull or push on the bottom of tube until the tube alligns and drops the primer in the hole.

3. The timing of the primer drop, adjusted by moving the chain back and forth in the slot so the primer drops when the tube is close to the hole in the plate. HMB

8. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I agree with Oscar Ray.

Get the new 200 primer tray. Much easer to adjust if needed. You will be glad you did.

Allen

9. bassetguy

bassetguy TS Member

Thanks all!

10. RoadKingPerazzi

RoadKingPerazzi Member

Another way is to lower the press handle with the locking screw slightly loose. Tighten the screw after you have centered the tube exactly where you want it.

11. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

What RoadKingPerazzi said...easiest way for me too.

12. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

...........what tanda1 said. The tube clamp bends pretty easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.