1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Primer Feed on a MEC 9000

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Sal 1253, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sal 1253

Sal 1253 TS Member

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to adjust the Primer feed on a MEC 9000. No matter what I tried I keep getting tipped primers when they fall into the shell plate. I simply just have to nudge them to get then sitting properly. Not a big deal but I'm sure someone has a cure.
    Thanks for your feedback
    Sal

2. Sal 1253

Sal 1253 TS Member

Ajax
    I should have made it clear from the beginning. It is not the old primer feed . It is the new updated 200 capacity primer feed

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Try the old business card trick. or get a PW

4. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

You have to make sure the primer is being pushed into the tube at the moment the tube is the lowest in the downstroke. You simply adjust the 'paddle' that is attached to the machine with an allen wrench either forward or backward. I ma talking about the paddle that pushes the bar across to push the primer across the tube.

Just run a few strokes to see if the primer is dropping too soon of too early and adjust accordingly. It's real simple to adjust.

Also, make sure you have set the primer tray ALL THE WAY back up after you have filled it. Give it a gentle nudge up as you tighten the lock nut down.

Tim

5. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

I used an 8" Crescent wrench to bend the mounting plate (the part that screws to the press) bend the plate up or down, to move the drop tube in or out, so that it aligns perfectly with the hole in the shell plate.

6. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Assume it's the old type, first thing, make sure the drop tube on the down stroke is atop the hole or slightly inwards at the shell plate (clearance about the thickness of a piece of paper. Tighten it. You may have to swing the tray a little to get it positioned properly. Next, adjust the chain (one little ball at a time) to drop primer when the charge bar screw is about 1/8 inch from the left side stop (it needs to drop the primer close to the end of the downward pull of the handle.). Sometimes you may have to bend the mount (primer) in order to get it positioned properly. Then lastly, tighten it. Note: make sure it is fully tightened when you earlier had positioned it. I have had cases where you have to bend the primer tube to get it positioned but be careful not to break the weld. Hope this helps. Also, use silicon spray on the tray as it helps the primers to feed to the opening at the drop tube. Darrell

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

If you aren't able to get it adjusted on your own, give MEC a call. They are pretty decent about getting you up and running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
adjust mec 9000 primer tube

mec 9000 primer feed

mec tipped primers

mick 9000 shell loader primer feed

primer feed for mec 9000
when did mec make the 9000 reloader with the updated primer feed