1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Primer Dimensions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WNCRob, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

What "cheap" primers are the same dimensions as Winchester and Remington 209's?
    Fiocchi, Wolf, Noble Sport, etc.?

WNCRob

2. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Rob,

I recently measured a new shipment of WW 209's and Fio 616's with a micrometer. At the base they were exactly the same diameter.

HBT

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Cheddite and Fiocchi 616 are standard size. Nobel Sport and Rio are oversize. Supposedly the Wolf and PMC are also. I don't have any here to measure, so I can't say for sure. The Fiocchi 616 are fairly straight and cylindrical with less taper on the front end, so they may give the impression that they are oversized. The diameter is still within tolerance for a standard US 209.

4. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

Wolf 209's are same diameter as Win 209's, but .003" shorter, which can be a problem if you aren't prepared for it. They also can tend to turn on their sides in a MEC primer tray (a pain). at least the lots I've bought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.