1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pricing on a Remington 541S Sporter .22

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Stl Flyn, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

What would be a fair price on a new, and unfired Remington 541s Custom? Unfortunately , no box. Let me know. Thanks, Jon

2. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

One just sold with box and papers for 850.00. That was a buy. With out box probably either side of 850.00. That is if the rifle is in at least 99% or better shape with no dings. I have looked at a number of 541S rifles at gun shows and the real nice ones are up in the 750.00 on up range. I have a 541S and a 541T both are nice rifles and fun to shoot.

3. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Saw one recently at a small show. Really clean, perfect bore, with no dings.

Had a set of Redfield bases and rings, but screws looked untouched.

He was asking $750.00, but was a real jerk, so I passed on an offer.

I lost one in a home burglary years ago, and would have tried to replace it this day, but the guy was knocking trap shooters. No way for a businessman to act!

Nice rifles.

Danny

4. tudurgs

tudurgs Member

I hope you're right on the pricing. I bought one from Jaqua's about 3 years ago, and I think I paid int the range of $450. Gun is 99+%. Thanks, Nick!

5. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Was watching two 541S rifles on Gun broker. Unfired no box sold for $925.00. The other unfired in box with hang tag and box $1.300.99. You can find shooters for much less. If you want a nice clean 541S I would be looking at buying soon as these rifles seem to be going up every year.

Another Sporter to consider is the Remington 513S or a Winchester model 75 sporter.

6. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

These prices($700 plus) should about right. Bought one about a year ago for $650 from Cabela's Gun Room in 9 out of 10 condition. It shoots 1 hole at 20 yards.

7. buckshot

buckshot Active Member

whats a Remington 552 speedmaster 22.L/S/LR in 95% shape worth, thanks, Tom.

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I think it's great see these old high-quality 22LR bolt guns bringing big bucks. But I for one never cared for the "engraving" and fake rosewood forend tip, grip cap and butt plate of the 541-S and bought one of the much cleaner-looking 541-Ts as soon as they were released. I added a heavy-barrel version not long afterward. Both 541-Ts are more accurate than my "S" was but even back then, when the 541-S was freshly discontinued, they commanded a premium price. I sold mine for $450 probably 20 years ago if memory serves.

A Remington employee who knew of my dislike for their then-current muddy "satin" finish offered to refinish my 541-T sporter's stock in the old RK-W gloss (the satin finish looks "right" with the heavy-barrel gun's matte-finished metal) but when he found a 541 stock blank with a lot of figure, something that was uncommon on them, he had the Custom Shop checker it and apply a handsome oil finish for me.

But everyone's tastes differ...

Ed

averaged_2008_0303325.jpg

9. WZsembik

WZsembik Member

Very nice rig you have there Ed...fitting glass too - perfect scale!

I have a 541T with sporter profile barrel that was D&T'ed for front and rear sights...thought I read somewhere that open isghts were offered from the factory.

Can anyone shed any more light on this option - if in fact it was a factory version?

The price was REALLY right for "a shooter" with a couple cosmetic blems on the stock but the accuracy with basic Wolf or SK+ ammo is super. The rifle doesn't know it has extra holes on the barrel.

Bill

10. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

I've a very nice 541-S, but I think I like Ed's better too.

11. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Ed, That's the heaviest pad I've seen on a 22. :) Sure looks right though.

12. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Ed,

That wood would have looked really nice if they would have replaced the fake rosewoood, with real wood stained in the red finish, on the forend, stock and grip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
remington 22 sporter

remington 513 sporter for sale

remington 541 sporter

remington 541-s custom sporter

remington 541s

remington 541s stock

remington 541s value

remington 541t sporter