1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

prices up at Sliver Dollar

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by il shooter, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. il shooter

il shooter Member

Prices have went up at at Dollar. snow brids are back .7.00 for 25 practice and 25.00 for 100 register.

2. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

It's actually $5.00 per round for members (as most of the snow birds there are), an increase of 50 cents. Not that I ever like to pay more, but the 50 cents seems reasonable to me.

Non-members are higher, but they always were. And a family membership is only $95 so if you shoot a lot of practice and buy your ammo and/or reloading supplies at the Dollar, a membership makes sense and saves you money.

Bob

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

Target cost are up so what else is new.

T

4. straightshooter1

Exactly. Bill, the Club Manager, said that the Club had absorbed the last several increases and that this increase just had to happen.

I like the Dollar and the folks there-both the shooters and the folks who work there, so I'll just pay it. I expect, in a relatively short time, I won't really notice it.

Also, if you buy a trap card, you get one free round and a free drink-soda, coffee, etc., when the card is used up.

Bob

5. machete

machete TS Member

ilshooter you just saved me $42. I got really lucky by seeing this just in time. That's some B$. You wrote this the day before I was going to head over there. I came down here with my gun and six boxes of shells but it's going to go right back in the trunk. I had a hard time with $6.50 but I sucked it up as vacation pricing in Florida the place that sticks it to tourists. Do it once a year and forget about it by spring so you do it the next year. This latest gouge is farther than I'm willing to go even if it is nice and sunny. There isn't enough vaseline to make me pay $7.00. Their member rate of $5.00 isn't all that great of a deal either. Nonmembers pay less than that at a bunch of clubs back home. Then you have to add in the membership fee. Good thing I saw your note. My guess is their trailer park rents are down.

6. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

While some like to complain about prices in FL.. one must remember that we are at the end of the shipping chain. Most trucks that haul product into FL.. leave empty, so we pay the freight bill both directions. Might not soften the facts any.. but it helped me understand when I first moved here and had to pay higher prices.

machete

If your willing to make the drive down to the Sarasota Gun club I'll give you a couple of clicks on my key.. then you can say you at least shot 50 birds in the Sun Shine State.

7. il shooter

il shooter Member

Sliver hair derby is a good deal at dollar good meal and chance for shells and win a few dollars .

8. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

Florida's whole economy is based on letting other pay. Sales tax is one of the highest, hotel tax is on top of that, non-homesteaders pay more property tax.....and the list goes on.

The price of sunshine for non-residents is quite substantial....get used to it.

9. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

$7 for practice at SD is no big deal, it's $8 at Markham Park 250 miles south east.

Eric

10. WTW

WTW Member

Thanks but no thanks, I'll just leave my gun at home.
    Florida is a great place to visit, but I don't need to shoot that bad.

Ted

11. geeber

geeber Member

This is going to get good! Sooner or later someone is going to tell the yankees that if they don't like the Dollar's prices, They don't want them down here bitchin' about it anyhow. Hee Hee

12. Baber

Baber TS Member

geeber...

The word Yankee is the most descriptive word in the english language. It can be a noun, verb, or adjective. It can also be used to describe everything from a Good Guy to the South bound end of a North Bound horse. It does rankle me as a native Floridian the number of yankees who complain about the prices but fail to mention that if they were 'Up North" they would be freezing their butts off, shoveling Snow and paying taxes up the wazoo! By the way we ski with a boat and a rope. If you can't afford the targets then don't shoot.Tom

13. APrice

APrice Active Member

Sure makes me appreciate the $2.50 practice rounds at my club!

14. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

What you Floridians fail to realize is that if all of we "Yankees" stopped coming, you would just revert to the backwater swamp that y'all were before. $8 practice targets, your ass!

15. geeber

geeber Member

I knew this was going to get good.

16. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

notquite27,

It is not that we don't want the Yankees to come down, it is we want them to come down and not bitch about everything, thats all.

I shoot with a lot of Northerners at Sarasota and we get along fine and have a good time and I am glad to do so.

17. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If you can afford to fly or drive to the Dollar what does .50 extra really mean? I seriously doubt anyone flys to the Dollar, shoots 20 practice rounds at .50/round extra and will go broke spending an extra $10. I'm sure the biggest gripe comes from shooters who never shot at the Dollar and who believe it's more fun to shoot $2.50 rds. in Michigan or Minnesota during the Winter. Another great excuse by professional practice shooters never to leave their comfort zone!!

18. Baber

Baber TS Member

I agree with 391.... We do find the complaints about cost tiring. Recently the treasurer of one on the Florida clubs I am a member of did a cost analysis and determined that a round cost $5.83 per round. Costs are different here and it's reflected in what clubs charge. We also give a price break to our membership so join the club and stop bitching.

Tom

19. straightshooter1

So, machete, you are saying that $3.00 is a deal-breaker for you? You were going to bring your six boxes of shells and shoot at 6.50 per round, but adding 50 cents per round, $3.00 total was just too much?

I somehow suspect you're just trolling.

Bob

20. machete

machete TS Member

I really dont give a $hit what you think. I'm troll because I won't pay $7? Your a dip$hit for paying that. Maybe your just rich and good for you. The rest of us got to watch costs. You gotta draw the line somewhere. I'm not going to let myself get ripped off just because I'm from out of town. I dont need it that bad. I should have stopped before it hit $6.50. As far as trucks going back up north empty I sure see a lot of freighters at the port of tampa. All of that isn't going on trains. And I know they can pick up a load somewhere between Tampa and wherever the targets are made. It isn't like they go all the way back empty. If they do then White Flyer needs a better trucking company. Maybe this is a rich mans game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.