1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PRICES GOING UP

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BMC, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMC

BMC Member

Bill, I think Jim was just kind of venting a little frustration that many/most of us feel at certain times when we are faced with making financial decisions we would rather not have to.
    It cost me $3.40 a gallon to fill up this weekend. Probably will be 3.50+ this weekend. Last year when we were at $4 a gallon here, I had to make some cuts I didn't particularly like to make. I'm thinking I'll be having to do the same thing here pretty soon like shoot one less weekend, whatever it takes to keep things as close to acceptable as possible.
    We recently had this conversation with some friends. As Jim noted, everything seems to going up to some degree these days. Utility bills are little more, fuel, daily incidentals, vices and most particular, just about everything we associate with shooting. But as you noted Bill, "need a raise?". Actually most of us do. I know I sure do, not for the sake of simply making more money, but for the sake of retaining some level of financial balance that is familiar and seemingly more managable with the current state of overall inflation.

2. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Gas rices will soon be over 3 bucks a gallon U.S. wide(already are in Calif.). They will not stop going up any time soon. "Tensions" with Iran are blamed, which means they have an excuse to gouge the crap out of everybody! It WILL get a lot worse. As oil prices go up you will see the enonomy start to slow down. But wait! There's more. The Supreme court just pased(or allowed to be passed is more like it) laws that the EPA "MUST" start forcing elec. companies and car makers to "REDUCE" so called Green House gases. That means you take it in the shorts in power bills and new car prices, as those added expenses get passed along to the consumner. Of course there will be a call for more taxes(as if there weren't enough already) on fosil fuels. --As far as other things going up, It is just strarting. The last time I bought clay targets at wally world they were just over 4 bucks. Yesterday they were asking 6.97 per 90 count box. The cost of new shells is going up and lead shot is double what is was a year ago! People will travel less and stay closer to home as prices rise. Consumer spending will drop and new mortgages will start to slow, as investors and lenders start to look for more secure prospects. All in all it will get a lot worse, before it gets any better!

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

P3AT,

I think you mean Un fortunately, didn't you ..? Theres a lot of that going around and sooner or later it going to catch up and its going to be real hard to shoot and eat, but will be more shoot or eat instead if it keeps going ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.