1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Prices for Browning fix?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by parrot man, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parrot man

parrot man TS Member

How are the prices if you send your gun to Browning or one of their dealers for repairs?

Has anyone here done so and if ,what for and what did they charge you?

Thanks,
    Parrot Man

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

club member just got his 99 back for a complete overhaul renew, parts replacement was exstensive reblue stock had all dings removed says it ran him 800 and 10 months wait.

3. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Prices aren't bad but the wait will kill you.

4. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

For a little more than $800 that guy could have gotten a new one! Steve

5. 45er

45er TS Member

Whatever you do, read these posts and heed their advice. Browning makes good stuff, but their customer service has to rank with the worst in the world. I know from painfull experience. Rob Abbott

6. Pugs

Pugs TS Member

I had my Broadway (lifetime guarantee, but had a "saltwood" stock) sent back to Browning through my gunsmith to remedy the saltwood. I did not pay one dime but it was an eleven month turnaround.

7. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Use Art's or Midwest Gun Works. Both good people to deal with and a reasonable turnaround time. I bought a well used but not abused BT-99. I took it by Art's to see if the gun needed any work done on it mechanically. Art took the gun barrel off and inspected it, worked the action several times, and said mechanically bring it back in 10,000-15,000 rounds. I appreciated his honesty.

Have had several guns worked on by Midwest Gun Works. They are easy to work with, reasonable prices and good turnaround times.

Its ironical, both places are within 25-30 miles of Arnold, Missouri and the Browning facility.

8. Steve L.

Steve L. Member

If someone could provide the phone number for Art's I would appreciate it as Browning will not work on any trapgun with a release trigger. Thanks Steve

9. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Parrotman, I sent my wife's Belgian made Lightning to Browning to have the rib re-attached in June. They notified us that there were other issues with the gun and the total cost would be about $800. I told them to attach the rib and NOTHING else. We got it back in Jan. or Feb. It looked good, but shortly thereafter rust began forming on both sides of the rib about an inch forward of the breach. I shot Break-Free at one side and it went under the rib and out the other side. Fortunately, the Break-Free killed the blueing salts under the rib and stopped the rusting. The gun works fine, so apparently their "other issues" were false.

Buz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.