1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**Priceless**

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shotgun Specialties, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

This is what is is all about......

2. Shotgun Specialties

It is,,, sorry about the pic. Mac discolored....but you know what I mean... Thanks to all, take time...it's hard to do sometimes, especially for me, but enjoy!!!! Doug @ SGS
    She's also a Lab trainer....

3. Shotgun Specialties

If'n I'd been in the tank (As Biden usually is) this would be a actual reproduction

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Is that a Marlin Model 15Y? Or maybe an old Savage?

Started my kids with a 15Y.

5. trap906

trap906 Member

looks like Rem.514, that was my first rifle too, still got it, shoots great only my eyes dont see the sights that well anymore.! your picture reminds me of my grand dad teaching me to shoot and me teaching my boys. great times, I only wish more people took the time to do this with thier kids...priceless !

6. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Couldn't fix the color, but I like this version.

[​IMG]

7. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Doug, My very first gun-rifle-- was a Rem 514. I collected enough coke bottles to go down to the store with my older brother to buy it. I remember it was $21.00 and some change. Shot countless birds, rabbits and other small game in the last 45 years I've owned it.

You are right--- this is what it's all about! Now I watch my youngest son guide for Elk and mountain lions and guide all summer in Alaska for salmon and big rainbows.

Phil Simms Stockmaker

8. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Went snowmobiling in northern MN today with my son. Saw some deer, stopped for some snacks, had a great time that I will never forget!

9. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

my six year old daughter and I went to the range today...

she has a Henry .22 bolt action...and promply put 20 shots into an area the size of the bottom of a coke can (and most within an inch group) at about 20 feet offhand.

I'm gonna like this fatherhood gig if it keeps up like this. I can't wait until she's big enough to shoot a shotgun.

And yes...she has the same look on her face as the girl in the picture.

I call it satisfaction / confidence. Erica knows she can shoot, and she's proud she does it well.

And it's been my experience that girls who hang around gun clubs turn out OK...they learn quick how real men operate, and they don't take much crap off guys when they get older.

10. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

JeffP, Keep at it. My daughter shot her first elk at 14 and is proud of that fact now that she is 30.

She will take the memories you are creating with her throughout her entire life! Phil

11. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

My daughter and 7 yr. old grandson and his .22 rifle.

Curt

[​IMG]

12. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Curt. That looks like a dead animal in the back of the truck. I'm calling PETA now. "one ringie-dingie"

I have young'ns like that, but I call 'em "grandkids"

13. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Jack...the lad loves going goose/duck hunting with us. He just can't wait to get his 1st deer!!

His 5 yr. old sister has a Daisey (pink of course) classic BB gun.

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.