1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price Range of Custom Stock

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wineguy, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

I'm considering having my Perazzi restocked and was wondering about the pricing and finding the right stock maker. I want exhibition grade walnut, fancy checkering and no adjustable comb or butt stock.Any comments or suggestions?

2. AJJ

AJJ TS Member

Wine guy, look at the following web site for Montana Custom stocks. I had one made by these folks, very ,very nice. AJ. www.ssplus.biz

3. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Call Dennis Devault. Todd

4. brian5003

brian5003 TS Member

Free (2x4)
    $10,000 (AAAA Highly figured walnut with inset diamonds and gold leaf)

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Tom Smith Custom Gunstocks Bowling Green Ohio 419-669-3504. cost depends on your selected piece of wood. AWESOME!

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

To answer your original question on cost. It varies but its safe to say that inletting will cost about $3-500 finishing will add another $400 and checkering another $400 depending on pattern. All this is plus the wood which can run from $100 to $5000 depending on quality. One of the key items in doing a custom stock is fitting. Its a waste of money unless you can have the gun properly fitted. Having a stock maker nearby so you can shoot the gun to check fit is one way. Another is to visit Fred Wenig and let them do the whole package. The last 2 I did myself. Though I had the fit perfect but ended up putting an adjustable comb on both of them.

TB

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

AJJ is right...it's stunning!!...I am hoping to drool whilst looking at his new stock this weekend...are you going to Brooks, AJ???

8. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

Talking to a shooter at the club...he dropped $3,200 for a first class piece of wood (stock & forend) - custom fitted to him, finished and checkered. Too rich for me...generally you hear about people dropping about $1,000 but not necessarily custom fitted. Good Luck, Ed

9. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I'm lucky enough to have bought a lot of fabulous wood back when Ernie Paulson was still selling blanks out of Chinook, Mt. I had access to a great duplicator operator in Colorado and did all the fitting and finishing myself. The stock and forend on my Ljutic are California English Walnut and were a realtive bargain 15 years ago.

Ron Burr

10. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Tom charges $1,800 labor and $1,800 for a top blank, plus $400 or so for "extra" checkering. My picture of the Kolar sporter somewhere on here is a good example of his work.

11. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Rich Kaysa at RK Shooting is doing mine. He has been doing stocks a long time and is a great gunsmith.210-829-0297. Allen. If you see Harlan ask him about Rich.

12. James L Balog

James L Balog Member

call Dennis DeVault

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.