1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price question on beretta 391 new shooter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by o4twinpeaks, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. o4twinpeaks

o4twinpeaks TS Member

I'm looking to get back into trap shooting again. Last time I shot was back in the mid 90's. Back then I was shooting a browning 425 sporting clays and loved it. Now quiet a few years later my son is just starting to get into the shooting. I have use of a nice youth model 1100 20g for him to start with. I have been out looking at a new gun for my self as the only shotgun in the shed right now is an 870 express. I'm just too old to be beat on by an 870 once a week. lol I have found at a local gun shop a beretta 391 urika sporting 30" with 5 or 6 chokes. This is a new gun but has been sitting on their shelf for a few years according to the counter guys. Comes with the blue plastic hard case manual etc. Has several marks on wood from them handling it for years. Now I tried to do a search on this and found out it is an older urika not the newer urika 2. They have a tag on it of $1050 but both times I have looked at it in the past few days I was told to come back in on tue when the owner was there and she would make me a great deal on it because of how long it has been at the shop.

I guess the main questions are how do the urika hold up and what is a fair price on this gun?

Thanks
    Tom Petrick

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The older 391's are every bit as good as the Urika 2. Make sure it's the Optima
    Barrel and has all five extended chokes with the color bands. That price is
    a little high, but the convenience having it right there makes up for it.

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

The Blue Book lists the last MSRP for Sporting 391 Urika as $1250. 100% is $1025. Last manufactured in 2006. Good gun. Offer $900 cash and see it that talks. See if it comes with a new warranty. Mark

4. o4twinpeaks

o4twinpeaks TS Member

I would say gun might be 95% to 97%. Does have several good marks on wood and yes all the chokes were the extended chokes. There were 6 chokes including the one in the gun. Good question on the warranty. Never even thought to question that as it is still a new gun but what will beretta say to a 6yr old gun? Was thinking of offering 800 plus tax but not sure.

5. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

If the gun is in good shape and 6 years old shape 800 would be a fair offer. Depends on how much it's been fired. The 391 is agreat gun and very reliable. More reliable than an 1100 but more of a pain to clean. Well balanced. Recoil is amazingly soft. The beauty is you can shim the gun for cast and pitch to make it fit you!

6. o4twinpeaks

o4twinpeaks TS Member

The gun is new never been fired but has been in the shop on the rack that long.

7. slide action

If the gun is in good shape and 6 years old shape 800 would be a fair offer. Depends on how much it's been fired. The 391 is agreat gun and very reliable. More reliable than an 1100 but more of a pain to clean. Well balanced. Recoil is amazingly soft. The beauty is you can shim the gun for cast and pitch to make it fit you!

8. o4twinpeaks

o4twinpeaks TS Member

The gun is new never been fired but has been in the shop on the rack that long.

9. slide action

If it is unfired then if you can get it for 800 to 900 it's a good deal!!!!!

10. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

I think $800 owuld be cheap. Seems they go online for $8-$850 used from a private individual. You're talking NOS and from a dealer looking to make a buck or two.

I would look it over real well and make sure it's ACTUALLY new and not 'slightly used'

11. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Not to change the subject, but if you want one gun for all shooting sports, the Parallel Target (Trap) model of the 391 with the step rib and the monte carlo stock is probably a better selection...new, about $1200. Used about $850.

WNCRob

12. tincanman

tincanman Member

I agree with Sam. $800 would be cheap, aka low offer. 391's are in high demand. I doubt you'd be able to touch a new 391 for less than $1000 right now even with some dings on her. The newer creations from Beretta have jumped in price to over $1400 and that has carried the price of used and leftover 391's higher.

13. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

We have a trade in here at the Silver Dollar. A 391 Urika (not a 2) with a 30" barrel, MC stock, all the chokes and case for $925.00. Gun has 100 rounds through it. I sold this to the owner six years ago and it has been a safe queen ever since. No marks.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

14. art g

art g Member

I would not pass up a gun that was mobil choked if it was in super shape and at a reasonable price. I own both a Mobil gun and an Optima and honestly can't see any difference in my scores... Art G.

15. o4twinpeaks

o4twinpeaks TS Member

What mike posted in the photo looks like the exact gun in the store but it still has the little tube of beretta oil in it. They open back up tomorrow so we will see what they offer.

Tom Petrick

16. Claysmoke27

Claysmoke27 Member

Mike's gun is a Parallel Target as mentioned above. These are a better all around gun and definitly so for trap. You have a decision to make.... quickly too I'd say.

17. o4twinpeaks

o4twinpeaks TS Member

Well the deal they gave was only $50 off their sticker. 1k cash price. Going to pass on this one. Can get a new parallel target for 1250.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

are the beretta al391 in high demand