1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price per round survey

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Nuts, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

Ok, it that time of year...let's do a little price per round survey for trap. And just to make sure its an apple to apple comparison, please also state the follwing:
    Is it member owned?
    How many days open?
    How many fields?
    Do you through tournament grade targets?
    Is ther paid help, if so for what?
    Is there a work requirment?
    Membership cost?

The reason I put these adders in is that everytime our club raises the target fee the complianers compare it to a small no payroll club.

For members our club charges $3.50 if purchased by volume, $4 if not. $6 for non-members.

Member owned, Open 5 days, has paid help (1 full timer who, cooks-cleans-cashiers-bartends, and then also trap kids), full service bar and grill, Membership fee is $25, 8 fields combo fields, all with Pat Traps (22 pat traps total), no work requirment. Board and Officers are not compensated, trap mechanic, lawn mowing and other maintenance is by volunteers. We throw between 600,000 and 1 million targets per year, although lately it been nearer 600,000. Between trap and skeet we host about 12 registered events, plus leagues, and some non-registered shoots for each game.We try to run the club on a zero profit, zero loss basis.

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

All member owned club and all have access to the trap fields whenever you want during day light hours.

$2/round for singles at the one club and $2.50/round at the other two clubs. The two clubs that charge $2.50/round throw registered targets. Membership is $70/yr for the club that charges $2/round but the club is in a much more expensive area, the other two clubs charge $40/yr and $20/yr.

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I pay $3 per round. Same for members and non members. All volunteers. Bulge.

4. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Great Falls Trap and Skeet.

35 per year to belong. 350 per round to practice. 450 if not a member. Member run but we do hire the desk duty on Wed. and Sun.

Not the best but what works for us. We are nonprofit and still in the black.

Rick in Mt.

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I am an assoc. mem. at St. Joe VCC and pay $4.25 per rd. At South West CC I am not a member and pay $4 per rd. At Wells County CC, where I am a member, I pay $4 per rd. At Oxford GC, where I am a life mem., I pay $4 per rd.

Rich in Indiana

6. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

$3.00 per round for members, twice that for guests...

7. zeroed4x

zeroed4x TS Member

Markham Park Trap and Skeet, Sunrise Fl
    $35 per year to be a member and there is no discount for rounds of trap or skeet.
    If you buy 10 rounds it's $6.30 per round. $7 per round if only buying one.
    On Oct. 1st it goes up to $7.30 per round providing you buy 10. $8 for only one.
    Yea, I know, its F'd up like Obama's checkbook.

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Actually you don't have to be a member of the Markham Trap club to shoot at Markham Park as it's public facility. Single round price will be $9.00 as of Oct 1st. The first round is $9.00 and each succeding round bought at the same time is $8.00. So 4 rounds will cost $33.00. The 10 round ticket is $73 and is good for 90 days.

Eric

9. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I pay $4.00 a round and at a near by club I pay $4.50 a round.

10. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

it looks as if the clubs that charge over 3.50 is trying to make it on practice targets alone Considering the cost of targets there is no way that a cluib should charge $6.00 to $9.00 for a round especially when they have a membership fee. It seems these days everyone is out to screw every one else and they do not care who. $6.00 t0 $9.00 is a terrible way to treat customers especially when you factor in the price of shells I would not frequent these clubs at all. They are money grabbers in the worst way.

Duckeye

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Nuts, Where is your club, I want to join?

12. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Duckeye,

As I said in my previous post, I'm not defending Markham Park but it is a County run facility with paid full time and part time help that do all the work. Long story short, it's the only game in town and they have no competition within 100 miles.

Eric

13. opa41

opa41 TS Member

Eric
    Come to Georgia you can shoot for 3.75 a Round

George

14. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Most clubs around me are 3.00, one is 3.50 if you buy a 35.00 card for 10 rounds the next 2 rounds are free. NO extra charge for Non-members. It cost no more to throw targets for them than members. All are menber owned not privately owned. Memberships are 15.00 and 20.00/yr.

15. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Mallard Trap Club in NJ is a Public range run by the membership with 1 person on duty 108 days a year . Members must do 4-5 duty days per year depending on open shooting days and amount of membership at the time . $100 initiation fee plus $50 per year dues . All members must help when at the club with 2 trap houses going . 16-27 yd plus doubles and wobble when requested . Member rates are $3 and non-members are $4.50 . Family members shoot for member rates . Free shooting day for members and family once a year and 2 free rounds to those who have the duty that day . 4 meetings per year which you must make 2 or do extra duties for the ones you miss . Free pizza and beer at the meetings . 26 members and looking for a few more who are willing the abide by our by-laws . No sitting around while others are helping out . Loading the houses, scoring plus cleaning up afterward done by all . We are in the black and climbing higher . We donate close to $6000 per year to 2 food banks , 1 college scholarship , donation to the American Legion and many added money shots thru the year . Extra green bird free rounds given at National Trapshooting Day and a free food to all at our Mallard Appreciation Day Shoot .

16. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

While shooting practice at St. Joe VCC today, I picked up a schedule for Ideal Fish & Game Club. Public shoots practice for $3.50 a rd. You have to be a member to fish or use the rifle range.

Rich in Indiana

17. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Eric, what are the benifits of joining the club if there are no round discounts? Just wondering.

Member rates here in Jacksonville are $5.50 member and $8.50 nonmember. We are a private club on city property with employees. Annual membership is $185.00 Life membership $1800.00 Jake

18. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Mallard Trap Club in NJ is a Public range run by the membership with 1 person on duty 108 days a year . Members must do 4-5 duty days per year depending on open shooting days and amount of membership at the time . $100 initiation fee plus $50 per year dues . All members must help when at the club with 2 trap houses going . 16-27 yd plus doubles and wobble when requested . Member rates are $3 and non-members are $4.50 . Family members shoot for member rates . Free shooting day for members and family once a year and 2 free rounds to those who have the duty that day . 4 meetings per year which you must make 2 or do extra duties for the ones you miss . Free pizza and beer at the meetings . 26 members and looking for a few more who are willing the abide by our by-laws . No sitting around while others are helping out . Loading the houses, scoring plus cleaning up afterward done by all . We are in the black and climbing higher . We donate close to $6000 per year to 2 food banks , 1 college scholarship , donation to the American Legion and many added money shots thru the year . Extra green bird free rounds given at National Trapshooting Day and a free food to all at our Mallard Appreciation Day Shoot .

19. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

While shooting practice at St. Joe VCC today, I picked up a schedule for Ideal Fish & Game Club. Public shoots practice for $3.50 a rd. You have to be a member to fish or use the rifle range.

Rich in Indiana

20. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Eric, what are the benifits of joining the club if there are no round discounts? Just wondering.

Member rates here in Jacksonville are $5.50 member and $8.50 nonmember. We are a private club on city property with employees. Annual membership is $185.00 Life membership $1800.00 Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.