1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price on a nice used Micro BT-99 ???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I do not have one, but would like to find a micro for my wife to check out. My fear is they have done nothing with the grip to trigger length. My wife has very small hands. Had to get a custom stock for current browning gold. Also adjustable comb would be great. I also would like for her to mount a beretta RL 3901 model.

2. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Mac, save your money on a BT99 Micro as you pegged the problem. The distance between the grip to the trigger is almost the same as the regular BT99. The Micro series only changed the LOP not the grip distance. I have seen that pretty Wenig you had built for her, with the shortened grip distance. The reduced grip distance is shorter for the 3901 RL (under 2.75") where the micro is nearer to 3.25" minimum. Where are you located at? If you are near Omaha, I will let your wife shoot both. But, if you come, bring that pretty Wenig for me to hold! I have been toying with having Wenig make a stock for the Micro with the grip dimensions of the 3901 RL. Might be a winter project.

DB I coach on a youth trap shooting program and have found the 3901 RL to fit smaller kids well. Recoil is little and the LOP of 12.5" lets you grow the stock with the kid. Most ladies and youth that I have lent the 3901RL to have had a good score. Micro Pluses (all adjustable) are going for $1600+ dollars these days. A micro (non adjustable) can be had for $1100ish new and less used. Some older BT99s have been going reasonably at gun shows but you might have to cut the stock. Merlyn had a Remington 90T at the Nebraska state shoot that was perfect for youth, if he still has it. Sorry, mine aren't for sale, but you can try them if you are in Omaha area. IMHO OMAHA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.