1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price of targets?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Roger Brenner, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

What is your gun club paying in the midwest United States area for targets delivered? Either a full truckload or by the skid? We paid $7.40 for our last 4 skid delivery of White Flyers in January and getting ready for more and the price is $7.85 delivered-is that about right? Please quote prices from April or May because I understand what was delivered in January and February was at the old price. Is buying a whole truckload cheaper? How much? Thanks, Guy W.

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Of course a truck load would be cheaper but the question you must ask yourself is it worth spending at least 5 or 6 times the amount of money right now to save a few cents or better to just spend a little more each time instead of a whole freakin bunch now?

$7.85 vs. $7.40 aint even worth asking about ... that is less that a 1/2 a cent a bird increase in price. I would worry more about the increase in the fuel surcharge more than the increase in targets.

BTW ... how long will it take you to shoot up 20 to 24 skids of targets?

3. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Yea, I agree Lumper. I am more interested in what small two trap clubs are paying by the skid for targets. We really do not have good storage for a whole load but was just trying to look at all options to keep it afforadable for our loyal shooters. More than likely we will continue to buy 4 skids at a time-I just was wanting to make sure I was watching out for my clubs best interest and was not paying too much. Thanks for any resonses, Guy

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

As for storage, are club purchased a used old beat up 18 wheeler trailer.

Works great for deliveries.

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

stsguy, where are you located in the MW?

6. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Just picked up 4 skids @ $7.55 per case. Another $130.00 for fuel puts them at $8.06 per case. About $.06 per target. Ugly workers like me should work for free, so I do.

Danny

7. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

I have a home skeet range. I just bought a pallet at Gander Mt. for 7.25 a box. All orange. Orange dome was 25 cents a box cheaper. I picked them up and had to pay sales tax of 6.5 %. Our local WW distibutor is a total rip off....I refuse to buy from them.

8. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

I have a home skeet range. I just bought a pallet at Gander Mt. for 7.25 a box. All orange. Orange dome was 25 cents a box cheaper. I picked them up and had to pay sales tax of 6.5 %. Our local WW distibutor is a total rip off....I refuse to buy from them.

9. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

$8.25 per last time we bought 2 pallets. All orange, club located in Ohio.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.