1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price of targets

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by duckeye, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

I just received the program for the

2. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

I just received the program for the

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

WOW ... so did I.

4. dennis (nj)

dennis (nj) Guest

I only got half the program ???

5. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

I just received the program for the Empire State Grand and was appauled at the price of the targets. I know the price of targets did not go up that much to justify 25.00 per 100 targets. If the small clubs can make money at 18.00 or 19.00 per 100 then why can't the big clubs do the same.? I know that the smaller clubs also pay the help as well as the big clubs do. But yet the clubs say that we are doing everything for the shooter. It seems to me that what they are doing is running the shooters away. I suppose that trap shooting is getting to be the rich mans game.In this area the average price for 100 is 19.00 t0 20.00 and we pay as much for targets as everyone else so I do not know how to figure the difference in price. also the price of food is getting outrageous at the shoots. At most clubs the price of food is more than the good restaurants charge. What is everyones feeling on this subject?

6. 27hotrod

27hotrod TS Member

If you can't stand the heat ...........

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

F'em ... if ya think its to expensive save the cash and forget the shoot.

What type of food are they serving? Some fine establishments like McDonalds and Wendys can use some competition ya know.

8. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

If you dance you have to pay the Piper. FD PS I agree though it's getting on the spendy side. Guess I'll raise my prices as well.

9. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

$25/100 is a pretty standard price. Does it include ATA and state fees also? My club here in S. Florida charges $37 for the first event with fees and catered lunch included. No complaints from any of the shooters.

Look at it this way: Gas $3.00 a gallon, shotgun $1k to ?, targets $25+/100, getting out of the house to have a great day shooting, Priceless. Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

Eric

10. grammie

grammie TS Member

Do you guys remember a few years back,,,,,when I said,,,"Get used to it guys,,,27.00/100 was going to be the norm" and this one-----"How many targets will you shoot when shells are 10.00/box and targets were 35.00/100???? And even then at that price someone will say,,,,Well,,if you can't stand the heat.......Pretty soon with the way this new level of inflation has hit,,,,Trapshooters will have clubhouses with the look of a high-end golf clubhouse,,,2,500 per year in membership fees,,cheap 35.00 targets,,a free lunch thrown in,,,,and you know what????? Not a person there will complain....

AKA Grammie.........

11. RBur

RBur TS Member

I believe the price of targets for any of the grand shoots is set by the Executive Committee and not by the club holding the shoot. I am sure somebody can correct me if I am wrong.

Ron Burdick

12. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

The ATA sets a maximum target price for the Satellite Grands. The host club determines the actual price.

13. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the trophies that everyone were complaining about were for the events that were paid for by the host club. The ATA trophies were pretty consistent with prior years (Shamrock Bags, Wendell August trophies).

" . . . also the price of food is getting outrageous at the shoots. At most clubs the price of food is more than the good restaurants charge".

OK, I've got to know. What the definition of a "good restaurant"?

Scott

14. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

You complain about $25/100 targets, that is more than reasonable.

Berettaman7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.