1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price of shot, one year from now, take a gues

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmi, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

OK, we have all the experts here telling us both good and bad news. Let's put our predictions in this post and when it's full I'll save it to post on Aug. 16, 2008.
    We'll base it on single bag of #8 Remington STS Magnum shot available in the mid-west from a large supplier.
    Don't give me a spread larger than $2.
    Also give me your best guess what a flat of STS shells will be at next years Grand.
    I'll figure some sort of prize for the winner, but don't expect a new Kolar.

OK, here's mine.
    Lead, $22-24
    STS $50

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

30.00-32.00 for lead

55.50 for STS's

BrettD.

3. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Lead: $29-31. STS $57.

4. JRW

JRW Member

Lead---26.00--28.00 STS-----54.00 Jerry in MI.

5. BMC

BMC Member

Lead $23-$25...STS $65 a flat.

6. Iampro-hunting

Iampro-hunting TS Member

Lead= $32-$34 STS's= $58

7. shadow

shadow Active Member

Lead $20-$21. Shells will still be high because Remington will still be paying big dollars for the lead contracts they bought this year.

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

$19 -$21!!

9. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

$24-26 for lead. about $55 a flat for STS's

10. dws

dws TS Member

Lead $38/bag STS $68/flat

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

$40 a bag of shot & $75 a flat.

12. clays

clays TS Member

I don't think Remington lead shot will be available next year and STS will be $71 per flat.

Clays

13. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

On the London mercantile exchange, lead is selling for 3178 per metric ton. That works out to 1.44 a pound. The 15-month forward contract is 2835 per metric ton, which works out to 1.29 a pound. For a 25 pound bag the lead would be worth 32.25 a bag. So my guess with manufacturing and shipping cost would be $36.00 a bag.

14. ccridr

ccridr Member

$33 to $35 for lead and $65.00 pre case STS. Fellers, they are following big oils example, run the price to an all time high, then back it down to just plain stealing prices and proclaim "See, we care, we helped you." We will never see shot under $30 again.
    Colby

15. grammie

grammie TS Member

There is no guessing!!!!

Lead as a commodity is subject to price swings on events other than demand!!!!

1 year from now a presidential election will be waiting in the wings!!!!

Here are some factors that will influence the price of lead---------Election,,,World Demand,,Iraq,,Iran,,Pakistan,,Georgies last stab at Iran before being put to pasture,,,Democratic Tax Increases,,,But when it comes right down too it,,,,just before the election lead could be less than half of what it is now,,,or it could be twice what it is now,,it all depends on factors that have not been seen yet!!!!!

All in all,,,,a global run on natural resources is going on!!!! And as a "trend",,lets say a 20 year time frame,,it will rise as countries take on the role of "manufacturing"!!!

I could tell you the price of Coffee in 1 year,,,,But what happens when you miss the hurricane than comes along???? And what happens if no hurrican comes along,,but instead it gets too hot due to global warming and the beans don't ripen right,,,and the harvest is much later than normal??????

All those things than come along will influence the price of lead in the short term,,,But you cannot dismiss globalization as more and more countries turn to manufacture and export,,that is the long term,,,and the use of natural resources will continue.....

You as a shooter have no effect on lead pellets.....But you as a consumer of imported goods does!!!!!

AKA Grammie...........

16. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Next year after the nuclear war... not much.

17. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

STS Shells $70 per flat & shot $39 - $41 per 25# bag.

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Can depleted uranium be made into shot? Eventually maybe no lights will be necessary for night shooting.

HM

19. trpshtr35

trpshtr35 TS Member

Yes it can, but very heavy, would not have very many pellets,if you loaded ounce and eighth, damn sure would break those hard targets no chips.

20. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Lead is a commodity and therefore volitile in price. A guess is surely not a reality. Here's my "guess". Shot will drop to $25 a bag. A flat of STS will run you $62. Again, just a guess. Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.