1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price of shot in Reno area

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by warren, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warren

warren Member

Does anybody know the best place to purchase lead shot and other componets in the Reno, Nv. area???

warren

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Scheels isn't too bad for powder in 4 or 8 Lb jugs. They have primers too at about $40/K. Shot is $40/bag of WestCoast. Not exactly cheap but I don't know of any substancially lower prices.

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

How about:

http://conniescomponents.com/photo_page.html

4. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Regardless if you're in the market for shot or not. If you are in the Reno area, you need to stop by Scheels. It is the Largest Sporting Goods store in the world and it is an experience. Very knowledgeable and professional help. You will definately like their gun area.

5. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Didn't they used to make shot right there in Carson City???

6. warren

warren Member

Thanks I've found Wester Bullet in Carson City which is supposed to be a lead foundry, I'm going to be there this weekend and will check out all these sites including Scheels and Cabelas. Thanks

warreb

7. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

If memory serves, there was a thread a while back that said the West Coast plant wasn't dropping shot any more but they were acting as a warehouse for the parent company that also makes Lawrence Brand. Ron

8. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

That's correct! The plant at Mound House which is just east of Carson City has shut down.They make it in St Louis and ship it to Santa Rosa to a werehouse for furthur shipments.I don't know about them still useing the old plant for a distribution point.PJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.