1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price of registered targets Trap vs Skeet

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by harpo_old, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

sounds like options are mandtory, if shot goes up much more we will all be shooting slingshots!

2. buddy123

buddy123 Guest

Aside from the few dollars going to high gun and class purse, why do registered skeet targets cost $16 to $20 more per 100? Often trap shoots have trophies and/ or added money at no added optional fee .

3. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

Options are optional but part of the $44 goes back in the form of winnings.

It is just a shame that I have to fund other shooters just to get to shoot.

Hey maybe it is the cost that is holding back Skeet participation. At the current prices I have chosen to only shoot part of the events. Than I go home and mow the yard.

Take care,

Jim

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

$44/100 is nothing. Registered sporting clays is $65/100 at my home club.

Eric

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: purse is mandatory

Many clubs do not want to address this. The clubs that have sold out or close to sold out shoots have no reason to address this.

Saying that, Palatka Skeet who holds sold out shoots does not make purse mandatory as well as a number of other clubs. But you do have to shop around.

I've found that is you ask to shoot "targets only" at the smaller attended shoots, your request will be granted.

Skeet puts less shooters through a field in one day compaired to trap, so ref cost are higher, as the cost is spread out among fewer shooters per field.

Most who ref for money want to receive a fix ammount per day, not on how many shooters they pulled for.

If volunteers cannot be found, a ref can cost $100 a day if not more... Depends on the region. I suppose you could save a few dollars and hire highschool kids for $20 - $30 less per day, but...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.