Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

price of model 12 diamond grade trap

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  bigd62 
#1 ·
I just traded for a model 12 trap gun serial number dates to 1947. The gun has
a black diamond on both sides of the stock and the sock is english. The wood is marbled walnut and pretty nice. A few small scratches but still good. the barrel has a solid rib with the winchester mark to the left side of it. The choke is mod. and it is marked nickel. I would say the gun rates about 85% or better. I traded a bird dog pup for this gun and would like to know its value. Any help would be Appreciated. Thanks Dan

#3 ·
IF it is an original gun, it would be quite rare to have a factory trap w/ a modified choke. Black diamond traps were discontinued in 1939. I think the nickel steel barrels were discontinued before 1947. I suspect it is a gun that has been rewooded and possibly rebarreled. Value is tough to say.

#5 ·
Yup, your gun was probably put together from parts if it is a 1947 gun. What is the serial number? We would have to see a picture to determine whether it is an original gun or not. Black Diamond Traps in original condition are one in about a hundred of Black Diamond Traps offered for sale.

#6 ·
The gun is original I personally know the owner. It has never been redone in anyform. The serial number is 163713 and both numbers do match. The gentleman bought it new. I was guessing the date By looking in a winchester book but could not find anything on the diamond grade. I really don't know much about model 12s but was wondering when the action said model 1912 instead of just model 12 like I have seen before. The gentleman who owned it had this gun in his safe and said the only thing he ever did with it was shoot quail. He is over 90 years old and wanted the pup for his grandson. Has not been shot for over 30 years. thanks for the resonses Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.