1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price of lead?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shot410ga, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I heard a rumor the price of shot is going up 20% on the next order from my club. Any truth to these purported price hikes? If so, I'll stock up.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

The price of raw lead is going up so the price of shot should follow that trend.

Pat Ireland

3. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

I track this closely and it looks like a buck a pound is right around the corner again.

:(

4. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

My club has already raised their prices to $27.00 per 25 lb bag. I suspect the increases will continue as our re-stocking price is going to be higher than $27.00 in appears. Colonel

5. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

The interesting part of the scenario is that the price is up to over 94 cents, but the lead stocks (available stockpile) is also currently the highest it has been for the last 5 years.

I read an article last week that stated the there were two smelters in China shut down due to lead related health issues around the plants. They account for 5% of the Chinese lead production. I suspect that this is the cause of the current spike in prices. Bill Malcolm

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

The biggest cause of lead prices going up the the decreasing value of the US dollar!

Like Jimmy Carter, Nobama has the printing press cranking out dollars 24/7 with nothing to back them.

Euro/Dollar is now 1/1.5.

7. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Ahab you a almost right. The banks that are recieving the money will not loan it out. Until they start releasing the money to loans the dollar will not loose anymore. If the economy continues to grow then their will be no need to release the money. However all indications are pointing to a spike in the midsummer economy and buy late fall the bottom will fall deeper. I hope I am wrong but so far in the last few yrs I have been right most of the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.