1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price of lead

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by striper, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/holmes/holmes021909.html Here is a link from a commodities trader that said that lead prices have risen 12% in 2009. With China gearing up again and steel and iron prices starting to stablize we may be close to the bottom. This is just one mans opinion but read his article to get a clear picture on all the commodities. I would love to see at least $20.00.

2. locdoc

locdoc Member

Your welcome.

3. Dodgeram

Dodgeram TS Member

My guess is lead will continue to drop in price because auto sales are slow to non exsistant which in turn makes battery(80% of lead production is used in batteries) sales slow. If battery sales are slow then all the lead isn't needed to make them, supply goes up and prices drop. Until the economy starts to improve I dont think lead prices will go up, at least not this year. Prices are going lower and when shot gets in the mid teens for a bag then buy a 10 year supply and forget about it. Doug

4. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Most lead for US car batteries comes from lead recycled from old car batteries.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Price of lead today is $.47 a pound. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.