1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price of lead??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hmb, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You can uncross your fingers. The fellow does not have a clue. The supply of lead is at an all time low. The demand is high. Lead is down about 5 cents from it's all time high. You can check things out yourself at www.kitcometals.com. HMB

2. catpaver

catpaver TS Member

Check out the link and you can see that lead prices are not coming down and supply is not going up.

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Here is a link to the web site that HMB mentioned. I have this on my favorites list and check it daily. If you look to the left on that site, you will see "Historical Charts". Click on "Lead" under that heading. There are a bunch of charts there. Pay particular attention to the 5 year charts that show the price "5 Year Lead" and the availability of supply "5 Year LME Lead Stocks". That tends to tell the tale. 5 years ago lead was selling for 20 cents per pound and the supply was 200,000 tonnes ... currently the price is around 87 cents per pound and the supply is about 31,000 tonnes. The old supply and demand price theory seems to be the case. Bill Malcolm

4. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

Us poor folks have to make our own shot. It works just as well as factory shot.
    Jim Stewart makes the Better Shotmaker in a Single or Double Bowl. It uses 220 volt 15 amps. A Single can produce about 45lbs of good shot per hour if using # 7 1/2 drippers. A Double can produce about 90lbs per hour if using # 7 1/2 drippers. Using car wheel weights it costs roughly $3.00 to make a 25lb bag of shot if you buy your wheel weights but most of the time we have them given to us. So the cost is even less than $3.00 a bag. You do have to put a little effort into melting the wheel weights into ingots and then melting the ingots in the shotmaker to make the shot. So if you spent one afternoon melting your wheel weights then the next afternoon you could make shot. The machine operates so quickly its not advisable to do both at the same time because you can't keep up with both operations.
    If you would like more information call Jim Stewart at 256-587-0107 for a lesson in shotmaking 101 free for the call. If you want pics of the machine go to http://www.geocities.com/jstewart1934/My_page.html
    You must type in exactly as written or page will not appear. It is an underscore-not a hyphen between My and page.
    You can also email me and I will send more pics.
    Ellen O'Connor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.