1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price of lead !

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by max trap, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max trap

max trap Member

Ok..what do the experts out there think about the price of lead...Going up or down. Since Remington shot has all but disappeared- I'm thinking West Coast mag..Lawerence mag. Should we sit tight and wait or buy now ? thanks Ed

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If you are waiting for it to go down to some really low price, you are dreaming. I doubt we will see it much under $30/bag if it ever even drops that low again. If you need it and can afford it, buy it. It will likely go up.

3. HTSmith

HTSmith Active Member

I'm no expert but it's hard to say. Raw lead has averaged about 85 cents a pound over the last 6 months but have trended up to about 90 cents in the last month. Lead shot has remained the same or even gone up over the last year. Metalico (makes both West Coast and Lawrence) seems to have a monopoly now that Winchester and Remington are effectively out of the market. I just stocked up on Remington gun clubs from Bass Pro shops at a price less than I could reload for given shot costs over $40 per bag. My take is if you are reloading for 28 and 410 have at it. If you are reloading for 12 and 20, its for fun not to save money.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Ditto what Colonel said. I'm on my second batch from Terry. This stuff looks and performs like new shot. At nearly $10 less than new shot price, how can you go wrong?

5. TD1958

TD1958 Member

I have been shooting home made for approx. 8-10 years now. Sometimes it looks like crap and believe me it will still break targets hard from the 27 yd. line. I have seen the reclaimed shot that terry sells and i would not hesitate a bit to shoot it from any where on the pad.I think that alot of guys think they need perfectly round and uniform shot to break targets and i can tell you it's way over rated. Just say'n, Tim

6. schneep

schneep Member

Terry has the best reclaimed around, at $ 1.05 bulk into your container,thats
    $ 26.25 per 25 lbs.

New here runs $ 39.49 plus tax which makes it $ 41.66, do the math, thats a savings of $ 15.41 per bag!!!!

7. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I am sorry that i save you guys so much money so that you can shoot more often. Maybe i should raise my price so i can shoot more often
    Lol. Terry

8. schneep

schneep Member

You're doing good just the way you are, so keep on keepin on!!

9. rebelpenn

rebelpenn Member

When you are buying shot from Terry, you would do well to get Nancy to make you a set of ear plugs (Ear Gems).

Bill Penn, a satisfied customer