1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price of lead shot??!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by poacherjoe, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Everyone is affected by the price of lead and here is a very interesting point that I would like to make.
    If you want to buy West Coast Magnum Shot here in sunny California you would be forced to buy it from J&S in Jackson.1 bag = $ 53.78. They are the "ONLY "distributer of West Coast Shot in Ca. In other words they control the price we pay!! In Ca.
    Now if you look at Powder Valley's price for West Coast Shot $ 35.00.AND KEEP in mind that PW is located in Kansas!!!
    West Coast Shot is manufactured in Carson City Nevada,From there to Jackson Ca. Is less than 100 miles!! Let's say that Kansas is 1000 miles away from Carson City!!
    Why would the price be so much less considering that the S$H to Kansas would be much more due to the greater distance??
    It seems that J&S is comparable to OPEC in that they are the sole distributer in Ca.and they CONTROL the price.
    If anyone would like to add to this and or correct anything that I have stated please do. PJ

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I think that powder valley is old price, nothing in stock as far as I know.

3. oletymer

oletymer Member

Order from Connies in small lots, 39.99 a bag delivered to your door. For you outside Washington no sales tax either.

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

$40.00 a bag, don't hold your breath. HMB

5. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Sorry about the incorrect comparison,You are right that PV is out of stock but prior to going out of stock the difference was about the same! It doesn,t make sense when you compare the BIG difference in shipping distance!! J&S is creating DEEP POCKETS at our expense!And the public can't but direct from the manufacturer.

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Again people...... Connies sells Northwest shot..... NOT WESTCOAST shot big diffrence between the two. I can buy Westcoast for 40 a sack locally and I can buy Northwest for about 30 at the gunclub until we run out.I load Northwest9's as they don't take antimomny very well anyway do to the size it is really hard to het 9's with a very high antimony content so I but Northwest 9's or 8 1/2's while I buy Westcoat 7 1/2's. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.