1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price of lead shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Franktri, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franktri

Franktri Member

What the heck is going on with the price of lead? Anyone know where one can buy lead shot at a reasonable price?

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

At $1,17 a pound for lead ... not many places! Unless someone has old stock and is clueless.

3. Terry L A

Terry L A TS Member

I just bought 25 bags of West Coast Mag for $32.99 plus tax. Dealer said several dollars up on next load in December. Terry

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

It's gonna get ugly!!

5. dverna

dverna Active Member

I am putting together a group buy of components, and shot is at about $30/bag from Dawson's. I have advised the guys to buy all they can as the raw price of lead equates to almost $29/bag.

$35+ by the beginning of spring is almost assured. Not too long ago we were over $40/bag. It may happen again.

Plan on a lot of 1 ounce wads being sold!

Don Verna

6. philk

philk Member

I`m starting to feel better about paying $27 a bag for a ton of West Coast mag shot. But what about primers and wads, they will surely go up to.

7. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

With Zero printing paper like no tomorrow and spending it faster than it's printed, we're headed for a Weimar future. Anything 'real' is going to go up, and up, and up. Your $ lost 20% of it's already weak value overnight last week.

Sad, the crimes that are being committed on this country by those beltway scoundrels.

Kip

8. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I bought shot a week ago from our club components guy for $30.00 including tax and transportation.

I needed some 8-1/2's for .410 Sporting loads so I stopped in at the Sporting Clays range near me. Their shot was $31.00 plus tax a week ago. I walked out with one bag of 8-1/2's for $37.45 including the sales tax!

I agree, it is going to get ugly!

Jim Skeel (1/2 ounce is all you need for Skeet)

9. AAtrap12ga

AAtrap12ga Member

Don - Where is Dawson's located.....I'm in New Hampshire and our club buys from CAC or Beikirch's...I'm in the process of putting together a club component buy so I was curious.

Steve Szczechura Pelham, NH (AAtrap12ga)

10. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

Dawson's is in Massillon Ohio. Mideastern Ohio. I bought 10 bags last week there and a bag was $29.50. I stopped by today to pick up a bag of 6 shot for pheasants and it was $32.OO + $1.92 TAX = $33.92 a bag. :( web site is dawsonent.com. Nice place lotsa guns to look at.

11. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Lead is a commodity, like gold, silver, and corn. The value of commodities is tied to the value of the dollar. When the currency is deliberately debased, the dollar cost of commodities goes up. That's why gold is $1400.00 an ounce, gasoline is climbing past $88.00 a barrel.

Hang on, boys. It's going to get bumpy. The price of a couple of bags of shot is the least of our troubles.

12. AAtrap12ga

AAtrap12ga Member

Thanks Leadhead....

Steve Szczechura

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.