1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price of lead coming down anytime soon?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TheoShooter, Aug 12, 2013.

1. TheoShooter

TheoShooter Active Member

What's everyone's thought on the price of shot? Do you think we'll see it coming back down anytime in the near future? I love reloading and it is still cheaper than buying new but it sure would be nice to see the price of lead go down.

2. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

The govt closed down many lead mines in the US to make the lead expensive . Lee

3. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

The US govt closed down many lead mines years ago.

4. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

The last lead smelting facility in the uS is closing at the end of this tear. Lead is 1.00/lb on the KITCO site. I don't think its going down any time soon.

5. spritc

spritc Active Member

Elections have consequences and those that voted for Odumbass and those that didn't vote for Romney are at fault. Romney was never my choice, but he was certainly going to be better than what we have. The next three years and maybe beyond are going to play havoc on all of us, including the cost of lead.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Here's something we'll never see again...I found this bag yesterday while moving my shot to another location.

Curt

[​IMG]

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I paid that much for 100# in the 60s..

8. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

With all the battery demands prices will climb steel shot will become the standard in the future/near most likely. Reclaimed with the new curtains maybe the salvation i hope

9. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

The answer to your question Theo would be no. Sadly, the golden days of reloading are long gone.

10. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

What battery demands? Most batteries are now using technologies that don't use lead.

Kolardude you blame EVERYTHING on Obama without thinking it through. Fine if it makes you happy but realistically the price of lead is controlled by speculators. It's a commodity controlled by buyers and sellers.

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

11/08 Gasoline $1.84, unemployment 6%.

Jerry944t, tell me about Obama's employment plan, or what he's done to initiate job creation in the US?

Please enlighten us.

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Heard the other day the military is going to the "green bullet"(no lead) for 7.62 and 5.56. Was hoping this might affect the price of lead. However, the way things go nowadays, once they find out what we're willing to pay (for anything), there's no reason to lower the price. I hope I'm wrong.

Bob Falfa

13. 682Eclaybuster

682Eclaybuster Member

lead been going up since Chernobyl

shot is still out there for 40ish per 25# which is not bad for the new normal.

14. Landshark

Landshark Member

I'm selling Star Shot for $38.50 a bag here in Houston. My cost on Lawrence is $41/bag plus freight on 10,000 pounds.

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The only thing I know of for sure that's going down is my number of shots taken.

HAP

16. johnboy

johnboy Member

I suspect it will go down when we enter the next economic crash! At that point we will have other priorities!

17. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

No, No, No; according to Kitco Metals, lead closed at $0.9967/lb. To put it simply, you have $25.00 lead in your bag of shot; add all of the other contents, labor, packaging and shipping and you've got $40.00 in a bag of shot. As far as lead going down to under $0.50/lb. you're only using wishful thinking. Blame in part the gov't, the FED, market demand and so on. The biggest impact on lead, I believe is the Federal Reserve and it's Q.E. policies. Whether you believe it or not, there has been dollar devaluation and it is unlikely to get any better, probably worse. BT100dc

18. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Brass will keep going and harder to fine.Odumbass by executive order to have all surplus brass shredded and is sold to China. Bill

19. oz

oz Active Member

Price of lead going down? how about being to find lead?

20. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Never. HMB

Search tags for this page

lead shot will price come down