1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price of Gas

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 1oz, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1oz

1oz Member

I'm still sticker shell shocked , Regular unleaded today at the cheapest station 3.49 it's gone up 20 cent in a week . This gasoline needs to stablize this is totally uncalled for . Reminds me of screw your neighbor before he gets you and the bimbo's think everything is Hunky Dorie . Damn and you hear nothing about it . If i wanted to shoot it getting where i couldnt afford to get to the shoots.

2. 100straight

100straight Member

It's called the law of supply and demand. As long as people will pay the price the appropriate business decision is to continue raise the price until demand falls off. It's called the "equilibrium point" and it's taught in every college economics class. Sorry it's not the answer you wanted.

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

The news out here in the PNW is, again, unscheduled refinery maintenance!!!

Crude futures dropping, gas prices going up, in other words "we are being gouged again"

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I heard the same thing as timberfaller. Of course with warmer weather coming the gas will stay the same or drop a little but still be higher than the original price.

5. warren

warren Member

This is what the voters wanted when they voted last Nov. it's gonna get a lot worse

warren

6. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Went by 2 stations today one is 3.97/9 the other is 3.99/9

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Glad we filled our 1000 gallon diesel tank when it dipped down to $3.30

Damn shame when you think $3.30 is a bargain but the diesel here is up to a little over $4

8. 1oz

1oz Member

Suppy and demand , After 7 oclock any night it's getting where you can drive for miles without seeing cars on the road yes i live in a rural area . My wife went shopping after Christmas this past year we all stopped giving gifts a couple of years ago and she was shocked at the stores that have closed in the malls or shopping centers while my home is paid for and my vechiles are the same . I refuse to purchase these little tin cans some people consider cars for better gas milage . Like i told someone a few years ago if he stays in office long enough we will be able to compete with these other countries with the way the value of the dollar is going . I need to figure out a new bullet to use for groundhog hunting as they are starting to look better and better for meat as time goes.

9. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

It's all speculation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Wholesale gas is at $3.14. What are your state taxes on it?

The lowest it ever got was $2.62 (right before the election) and our pump price was $3.29. Tonight it's $3.65 - $3.89. (guess they haven't called each other yet). It didn't make any sense when it was low either.

Bob Falfa

11. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

CT went up 11 cents from yesterday afternoon. 3.89 per gallon.

12. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

With the Fed, read Obutthole and Geitner, printing money as fast as they can the US dollar is worth less every day. When this happens, and it IS, the good folks who sell us crude oil raise their prices accordingly. That's just the first step in the price of gas going back up. Now you throw into the mix that we can't and won't drill for our own oil and we are screwed.

Pat

13. shotgunjerry

shotgunjerry Active Member

I think we can pretty much thank Obama for the price of gas. Wait til about the end of May and you will think 3.50 is cheap.

14. Cody4gold

Cody4gold Active Member

West Michigan gas went from $3.80 to $3.95 in 8 hours today 2/15/13 and promising to go higher by May ...

15. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

4.25 a gal in California, I believe state tax is about .45 a gal

16. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

According to the news media, high gas prices were only a problem when Bush was in office.

17. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Northeast, Ohio $3.859 at a BP Station today, 2-15-13. Lead prices $1.10 per pound also today. Both sucks. BT100dc

18. broadway john

broadway john Well-Known Member

Another problem is countries like India are paying for their oil in gold. We pay with worthless paper. You think maybe that's part of the problem or is it part of Obumnuts green energy agenda.

19. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

PatMiles,

You're speaking the truth.

Folks,

The sooner we realize that this country needs to become independent again, the sooner we become the country we once were again.

Keith Parrish

20. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Today in southern Alberta it's $4.12/gal(3.78 litres) with some stations offering a 5 cent loyalty discount Costco and food store affiliates...

Ron Burr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.