1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price of Ammo Dropping!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by W.R.Buchanan, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

So after returning from Front Sight this week I decided to sell all of my wolf .223 ammo. It has steel bullets with copper jackets, but works like AP rounds, so they won't let me shoot it at their targets as it will go thru the steel plates.

Well,,,, I paid 5.29 a box for 50 boxes/1,000rnds so I figured I'd ask $5.00 a box,,, good deal for everybody, right?.

FAT CHANCE!!!

Today at the gun show in Ventura CA ,,, Wolf .223FMJ $192/1000 or $3.82 a box of 20. OOPs, guess I should have gotten out of that stock a while back.

They had pallets and pallets of 1,000 rnd cases stacked 6 feet high! Apparently all the distributors bought a bunch and then the demand fell thru the floor, as everybody is all stocked up now, and Obama is going to be powerless come Jan, so there is no urgency.

Guess I'll keep mine for when the next revolution comes around maybe in 20 years when another Dem gets elected.

Randy

2. cnsane

cnsane Member

I think (hope) you're confusing years with months. Please let the Riots start while I'm still young enough to fend for my family after martial law is declared and the grocery stores run empty. Financial or Political collapse- eenie meanie miney moe, which will be the first to go? in the meantime, I'm headed to the Cedar Rapids gun show after I get off work in the morning to stock up on some of that low priced ammo. 50 round boxes of rimfire .22's are going to be the new ten dollar bill once we go to a barter economy.

3. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I have several cases of 223 that I have recently eaten between 30.00 and 70.00 per case. ATK (Federal, Speer, CCI) just announced a December 1st price increase of up to 10% on some products.

The previous post may well indeed come true someday--I hope it does not get to that.

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Are you sure about that? I think we are heading for very lean times.

5. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Its now sooner than later. Everything is going up. I'm thinking by spring these will be the good old days!

Steve

6. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

If a guy wanted to buy a few cases of .223 50 or 55 gr softpoint ammo, where would be the best place? Remanufactured is fine.

7. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

And with all this did anyone see David Gregory's interview this morning with Allen Greenspan about Greenspan's intense fear of a potential bond AND mortgage crises.
    It was very scary and said by someone in the know. Keep the ammo. You may need it. I have been following this since before the gun control law of 1968. It will happen again and soon. Simpley because things are running faster and faster & compressing quicker. Tom Lobonc

8. porky

porky TS Member

Osama was snubbed at the G20 because of his monetary practices now( too much borrowing to support the value of the dollar). Osama is starting to affect the Chinese yuan and the Chinese are getting pissed because it is slowing down their economy. Osama came home with his tail between his legs, believe it or not. You should be pissed too because your dollar is becoming like the Russian ruble, worthless outside of it's own country.

9. trench12

trench12 TS Member

SGAmmo.com has a good selection of .223/5.56. Have received many good reports on this seller. Prices are good and the service is fast.

10. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Steel bullets with copper jackets???

11. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Yes,,,Steel Bullets with copper jackets. The rifling wouldn't last that long with no copper jacket. Virtually all of the steel cased Russian ammo has what are affectionately known a s "bi-metalic" bullets. Why do you think the stuff is only $3.85 a box, when brass cased Remington 55gr .223 is $10 a box at Bass Pro and $12 at Walmart!

Randy

12. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Good news. The price of lead just dropped to 99 cents a pound. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.