1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

price of a round

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sean justice, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

the club i belong to is raising price to 4.00 from 3.00, whats everyone else paying? this seems like a big jump, 1.00 dollar. like to hear from everyone on what the going rate is.

2. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

Lake County Rod and Gun club in Lakeport CA., we pay $3.00 a round except the third Sunday of the month when it is half price. (That's the day everybody shoots doubles). The property belongs to the county and we pay no rent just electricity and water which really holds the price down. Dan

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Sean, You should be happy their only charging $1 more. Just think of how much fuel went up in the past few years. Its all about production and transportation costs.

4. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

We pay about 10 cents each for the targets. At $4 you don't have much left for insurance and upkeep.

5. 5spd

5spd TS Member

Here its been $4 since I started to shoot, if I buy a 10 round punch ticket its $3.50 per, so I always buy them in 10s.

6. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

The club I shoot at just went from $3.00 for members ($3.50 for nonmembers) to $3.50 for members and $4.00 for nonmembers. The main reason for raising the price was because of the cost of targets. Josh

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

A club has bills to pay 365 days a year.

Before a club throws a single target they have fixed cost each year. Than throw in the cost of throwing targets and whatever else is offered.

Price depends on many factors.

1. How long has the club been holding off on price increases. If the club waits to long than a drastic increase is required.

2. Volunteer or paid help.

3. Taxes.

4. Insurance. Property, school, directors.

5. Electric rates and maybe oil for the furnace.

6. Grounds Maintenance cost. Lawn and snow removal, and so on... even if volunteer the equipment needs gas.

7. Other disciplines not paying there own way.

8. Membership rates not raised.

9. Parts for machines.

10. Rainy day fund.

11. Number of active shooters.

12. Add your own...

If a member run club, attend a meeting and listen to the report of officers to see where money is made and lost.

8. SR1

SR1 TS Member

$3.50 right now and we will be raiseing it to $4 per round next month.

9. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

As a member work force of 20 with our rates held at $3 and non-members rates at $4, we have raised the non-members rate to $4.50 in May due to targets and rent increases with more to come in the future . If necessary , we will raise it another .50 to make it a $2 difference between the 2 hoping to get more members into the club . Members family members -- wives , all children , nieces and nephews under the age of 18 , grandchildren , any in college or the military -- all can shoot for members rates . All members are required to do 5 range duties per year and work at the range when there shooting to take the load off the one person on duty . We can`t see where a .50 difference makes any sense . Why belong to a club then if you can just come and shoot for an extra 50 cent per round without doing something to keep your club afloat .

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Our local club is $4.50 per round (just went up). Shooter's can purchase a ticket of 11 rounds for $45.00. Given the raising cost of everything else, it's not too bad.

Curt

11. rwm12

rwm12 Member

$2.50 Members, $3.00 Non-Members Vincennes, Indiana Gun Club, Inc.. Club membership $10.00 per year.

12. Bob M

Bob M Member

We had to jump our prices this year as well. We are up to $2.50 per round for adults and $1.25 for under 16 shooters.

13. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Getting ready to reopen and rounds will be $4.00 for members/family and $5.00 for everyone else and there are only about 7 members. You can see where this is going. With the price of a case of targets and all the stuff that Joe mentioned above, that will be just almost breaking even. John

14. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

$2.00 for Members and $4.00 Non-members. Dave T.

15. arnie2

arnie2 TS Member

Senior Members
    Trap $3.00
    Doubles $4.50

Shooting Members
    Trap $4.00
    Doubles $5.50

Non-Members
    Trap $5.00
    Doubles $6.00

16. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I pay 2.50 per round with an 80 dollar yearly membership fee at my skeet and trap club. My sporting clays club membership is 200 dollars a year then 35 dollars for a 100 round of sporting clays and 10 dollars for a round of skeet. Obviously at those prices they don't expect anyone to shoot skeet.

17. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Ask the people in So-Cal what they are paying; you'd be shocked. $6-8 is typical. I've cut back on my shooting.

18. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Oregon's pretty much around $3 to $4 for a round of trap for members. Eugene is $3.50 and $4.50 (non-member) and I'd gladly support $4 and $5.50 with White Flyers. I just returned from Carson City NV where non-members pay $7.25 for skeet or trap and I'll wager Reno is just about the same....Bob Dodd

19. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

$7.75 at Markham Park in S. Florida, not a private club, a county run facility.

Eric

20. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

How's $38.00 for 100 registered birds -but that includes lunch. Not cheap, but what can you do other than limit or give up shooting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.