1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price of a remington 20 ga. wingmaster magnum

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hoosier, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

I have a chance to buy a 20 ga. wingmaster magnum shotgun. It has a vent rib and looks to be 95+%. What would be a fair price for the gun? Thanks

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Remchokes ? Jeff

3. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

no, fixed mod.

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

My SWAG would be about $350 to $375.

Easystreet

5. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

I just bought a nice 20 ga. Wingmaster WITH all REMchokes, for $350.00, with the box, from a gun dealer, before Christmas. One w/o chokes, maybe $300.00?? Rob

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I bought a 1982 fixed-choke Wingmaster 20ga LW Magnum w/ VR in 99% condition a little over a year ago for $325. I overpaid a little, but it was just like a beloved one I foolishly let go many years back and I wanted it badly. Shop around and make offers if you have the patience. Common guns like this are at the shows all the time -- it's a buyers market right now, especially for fixed-choke models.

-Gary

7. jimx200

jimx200 Member

The Wingmaster 20ga. is one of my all time favorite pheasant and duck gun, especially in 3". If anything like 95% and above, I would go up to $350. since is has the fixed mod choke. It's one of those guns you can shoot for 10 years and probably get your money back if selling.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The saving grace of this gun is the fixed mod. Most with fixed chokes have a full.<br>
    <br>
    I wanted one many years ago before I discovered the joys of recoil reduction of the 1100/1187. At the time I was shooting a 12ga Wingmaster. My buddy picked up a 2-3/4" 20ga Wingmaster with a fixed mod choke. Nice gun.

9. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

10. yodes

yodes TS Member

Is it an older standard weight 20 gauge built on the 12 gauge receiver? Serial # ends in an X or an N I believe if so. That might make a difference, but barrels are hard to find for the standard weights.

11. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I BOUGHT ONE LIKE NEW LAST YEAR. 28"FIXED MOD. PAID $250. HAD IT CHOKED
    BY CARLSON. NOW MY FAVORITE GUN. LOVE SHOOTING SPORTING CLAYS AND OUTSHOOTING
    CERTAIN WELL HEALED FRIENDS WITH THEIR 15K 32 INCH SPORTERS! I DID HAVE TO CHANGE THE CARRIER DOG SPRING AND FOLLOWER (6 BUCKS) AS IT MISFED ONCE IN A WHILE WHEN PUMPING REAL FAST. I RECENTLY ADDED A SKEETWEIGHT AND 10 OZ SINKER TO
    THE STOCK . THIS WITH A PACHMEYER SPORTING PAD MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THE RECOIL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.