1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price of a pre-cast traphouse - Found It!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 320090T, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Anyone know the price of a pre-cast traphouse from the company in WI, or any others that make them?

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I have heard some people buying unused septic tanks.

If you do buy one of those pre made trap houses you better find out if it has a door. I'm to old to be rolling inside a trap house. I'm going to walk in.

You will have to pay someone to haul it to your place, rent a crane to pick it up off the truck and to put it in place.

Just buy cinder blocks and build one with a door. It most likely be cheaper and you will build it to the size you want. If this is for a club ask the members to help you. It won't take long if you do that. I'm sure you will even find a member or two who know how to lay block.

Shipping fee's are not cheap and they are going to go up real soon I'm sorry to say.

3. skeezix

skeezix Member

You might just get out the yellow pages and look up pre-cast concrete suppliers. You may have one in your area that can build one for you. Either a vault with an open front, or separate floor, walls, and lid, or pour a slab and they bring in and set walls and a lid. Most of the precast outfits can set and weld them up for you if you need it. Have some idea of what you want - size of the base, height, door/window opening.

Block would be cheaper, but pre-cast usually faster - drive in set it off, Caulk the seams, waterproof the walls, backfill, go home. You can also do precast in the winter. Block is a little harder to do if its cold out. Pre-cast concrete is pretty common in the commercial construction world - shouldn't have to go to far from home to find a pre-cast suppler.

4. 320090T

Not planning on doing, just need a price for an estimate. The place in WI doesn't list prices on their website.

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Interesting topic, we've always done a cast in place. Depends on the availability of volunteers. God Bless and good luck, Bob

6. 320090T

I found out finally!!!

The price for our trap house is $2,950 per unit plus tax and delivery (discounts for multiple orders). We can deliver or you can arrange to pick up. There is no footing or foundation required, just a base of 3/4" or 1" crushed stone. The unit weighs 19,000 lbs. with dimensions of 7'8" x 7'8" x 7'1½" high. The slope on the roof is 2". A crane is required for installation (approx. $90/hr). There is an available pedestal for the trap machine. Lead time required for delivery is two weeks.

7. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Myrtle Grove South Carolina has these...

FRedmon

8. 320090T

Place out of Wisconsin.

Fred, those are great if the land falls away in front of the houses but not all do. I wish ours did!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
concrete trap house

precast concrete trap houses