1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price For Reclaimed Shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Virgil, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Virgil

Virgil Member

I was wondering what some of you might consider to be a reasonable price for reclaimed shot considering the present price of lead shot. I recently purchased some that had just been mined. These had not been washed and, of course, not polished or graphited. I had to rinse the shot six or seven times to remove the dirt. Many shot had a lead carbonate coating which wouldn't come off. After drying and having some graphite added to them, they seem to go through my reloader very well. Additionally, they broke targets--perhaps a little weak on long shots. I paid $18/bag. In reflection, this seems to be a little much in light of what I had to do to prepare them and in light of the cost of new shot. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Virgil

2. FrankJ

FrankJ Member

We washed and polished reclaimed shot and sell it for $20/bag.One of our shooters who bought some, shot 25 with it on the skeet range last Wednesday.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Similar cleaned and treated shot Frank speaks of can be had for $20 in Orygun

4. kd185

kd185 Member

any one wil to ship any of this in a usps flat rate box ?

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Wish I could find someone with reclaimed in NY...

6. Virgil

Virgil Member

Thanks for the responses. Perhaps the $18 which I paid is not too bad. I was just musing about the amount of work that I had to do in order to get the shot ready for use. Most of the responses that gave a price were for shot that had been cleaned, polished and graphited. These prices were only $2-4 more than I gave. I will have to determine if the effort is worth it. Anyway, I have 10 bags to work on.

Virgil

7. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

Virgil, after I cleaned my reclaimed, I put it in a cement mixer and sprayed 1/2 can of lemon furniture polish and let it tumble till almost dry and then added the graphite...went through the loader muck better and held the graphite better.

I bought a drum or really dirty stuff about 2 yrs ago for $.40 lb.

tony

8. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

New shot is going for 28-32 a bag.

Reclaimed shot, I would think-remember, go for half.

14-16 a bag is a fair price for reclaimed shot.

When new was in the low 20's, we could get reclaimed for 10-12 bucks a bag/bottle.

9. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I'm with BucPride. You guys are paying WAAAY too much for reclaimed shot.

The firm that mined our lead last year sells reclaimed shot that has been cleaned, rolled to remove carbonate, and graphite coated for $12.50 in one gal milk bottles (25lbs).

I've seen the shot. It looks just like factory except the variation in shot size is greater, because he doesn't sort it.

$18/25lb for uncleaned shot is just highway robbery IMO.

10. Herb Roach

Herb Roach Member

I have tried to order reclaimed shot on this forum: 2 bags in a prepaid USPS box, $20/bag plus shipping. Some people who had been shipping thought it was too much trouble and only sold to those who could pick it up. If someone will sell me shot at $12.50, shipped USPS prepaid, I am in the market. Herb Roach

11. Herb Roach

Herb Roach Member

Where in the Midwest? Maybe I don't live too far away. Herb

12. rebelpenn

rebelpenn Member

Terry von Seggern is a pleasure to deal with and his shot far surpasses any other reclaim that I have seen. It is round, clean, polished, graphited & ready for the loader.

Hope to see you again soon, Terry.

Bill Penn

13. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

Definite thumbs up on Terry. He's the only game in town as far as I'm concerned. And although he is based in Fremont, NE, he gets around.
    dju

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

price for reclaim shot