1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price for new Krieghoff trap special

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Otter, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otter

Otter TS Member

I just bought one 90 days ago. The best price I could find was $12,500 with 32/34 barrels in unsingle, Choke tubes and a Pull/Pull trigger. I paid and additional $1,000 to have the triggers made release/release.

The reason they want you to call is to talk you into buying (selling you) a high end gun. I did not find any real cost differences as a called around at that time. The problem was there was a 6 month waiting list for the top single model.

Luxor

2. JCS

JCS TS Member

Call Clay Target Sports in Princeton N.J.

(609) 921-9358 and ask for Chris Maest.

He will be happy to give you a quote .

3. viperrt

viperrt Member

My understanding is that the dealer is required to show "list price" by the manufacturer in an advertisement or internet site. Showing list price could easily disuade buyers from purchasing, thus "call for best price". Bill

4. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

Try Alamo in San Antonio, Texas. They will make sure you are fit right and also will take good care of you. The two owners are former Kriegoff gunsmiths.

Mark Zauhar

5. Hooked

Hooked Member

When did they start making Trap Specials with fixed chokes? I thought you had to buy them with tubes?

Thanks,

Brian

6. viperrt

viperrt Member

Pat McCarthy at Dawson's had a run of combo's both top single and unsingle versions made by Krieghoff with fixed chokes.

Go the Dawson's website, which can be reached via TS.com and you will see the advertisement for them. Bill

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I have a Trap[ Special Combo that is four weeks old that has shot less then 600 rounds . I have not shot the o/u barrels . Upgrade wood pull/pull 12,000

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

K-80 Special top single combo. $13,500 + $750 for double release(Krieghoff). Bought at the Grand from Jaquas.

Don

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Simone I bought it from a friend that did,t like the high rib . He shot it very little and at this time it,s four weeks old . It has choke tubes I think 10 of them . As for selling it it,s a combo I don,t shoot Doubles and I have a trap gun .

KEYBEAR

10. Annie Get Your Gun

Annie Get Your Gun Member

ALAMO SPORTING ARMS
    2529 BOARDWALK
    SAN ANTONIO, TX 78217
    210 829-0297
    Email: xxxxalamoarms@yahoo.comyyyy
    www. alamoarms@yahoo.com

11. quattle

quattle Member

Keybear, is this a top single or a bottom single you are selling? I kinda got me a hankering for one of them top singles.

pq

12. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I bought my Trap Special Combo-with top single and NO CHOKE TUBES from Pat McCarthy @ Dawson's.

There is more to buying a gun than price, there is service and help AFTER SALE. Pat made my purchase so easy, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM. He also helped me make minor adjustments on the gun at the Grand. I also bought his Stock-lock stock and forend that was made for me by Phil Simm's in Colorado, another great guy and craftsman.

Tom Strunk

13. hairy

hairy TS Member

Tom, what do you think of the Stock-lock? I've been thinking about getting something different and they sure look good.

14. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Hairy, I love the Stock-lock system.

I've always liked to shoot the handicap factory shells and without the Stock-lock I could not do it. It recoils like a 28 guage gun. I'm almost 71 years old and I ran a 100 from the 27 one week after receiving the completed gun, how can you beat that? It will bring out the best in you. As an old friend of mine used to say " don't short yourself "

Tom Strunk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.