1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price for new K80

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shipbuilder, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder TS Member

What should one expect to pay as a fair price for a new K80 unsingle, not combo. No trades, cash price. Considering 34" unsingle, std grade, left hand stock?

Jim

2. Skeeterzx

Skeeterzx Member

You need to look at this combo at claytarget sports. $7995 and its a super clean gun. You could sell the O/U barrels. The gun hasn't been jacked with either. It's a 2001 gun.

3. Skeeterzx

Skeeterzx Member

That link isn't working. Just go to their sit and look at the pre-owned guns list.

4. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

The cheapest deal is not necessarily the best deal. There are a lot of authorized dealers out there. I have found that the dealers who are just a "middle man", may give the best deal but give the worst service when you need to rectify a problem with your gun. "Middle men" are just dealers who order guns and sell them, they don't work on them nor do they have the personal connections back to corporate HQ to arm twist someone if a serious issue arises out of scope of the dealer's authority and needs to be rectified ASAP. I would not want to buy a high dollar gun from some "middle man".

5. JH

JH Well-Known Member

You will encounter two types of deals:

1. Low overhead dealers will give you a much better price. The trade off is that their service is average-at best. However, a properly maintained K-80 seldom needs major service. And if you do, Ernest Marlette is there for the support.

2. High overhead dealers will GOUGE you. They sell "service" to justify their high prices. Some, don't mind overpaying. And buy into it.

6. Skeeterzx

Skeeterzx Member

Chris Maest at Clay Target Sports is the man. He ran the service department at Krieghoff or years. He is top notch all the way. You won't see any crap coming out of his shop I can promise you that. I bought a K80 sporter off of Chris and I wouldn't buy a Krieghoff from any 'dealer' other than him. Call him and talk to him. Ernest is a super cool dude too and knows his stuff. I bought a set of K80 barrels off of him a few years back as well.

7. B.C.

B.C. Member

To make it simple about 10% off of list !

8. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I'll second the thumbs up for Chris Maest. He arranged for a month-long demo of a K80 combo when I looking for a new combo to buy then spent close to an hour telling me all about it and fitting it specifically to me. Amazing service and well worth the little extra cost.

9. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I bought two Krieghoffs from Chris Maest. I would buy another Krieghoff from him again, without any doubt.

10. rmclaysports

rmclaysports TS Member

Ernest Marlette has a late K-80 unsingle factory C/T that was hardly used at a great price. Looks like brand new. He just got it and its not on his website yet, probably won't as it will sell fast.
    Give him a call before you spend $4 or $5 thousand more for a new one.
    Ernest is a Krieghoff dealer and probably the best K-80 gunsmith in the U.S..

(336) 456-1818

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.