1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price for a practice round of trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Piper Mac, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piper Mac

Piper Mac Member

One of our trap shooters is moving out of state, when he went to look for housing, he also checked out the local gun clubs. Said a practice round of trap was $6.50 for 25!!!! Was curious what the price of a practice round was in your area. Here,(Eastern Suburbs of Pittsburgh, Pa) several of the gun clubs just raised their price to $2.50 per 25 birds. What about where you are?

Thanks, Piper Mac/Dave M.

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

Dave, Brownsburg Indiana is at $3.50/25 and will stay that way.

Steve

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Anywhere from $2.50 to $8.00 a round of 25...depending on where you are shooting.

Private club with all volunteer help = cheap shooting.

A for-profit range = lots more money!

4. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

ewdwardsburg conservation club,edwardsburg michigan,$3./25 targets for members,$4/25 targets /non members,open tuesday 6-???(under lights),sunday 12 pm-??? youth under 16 shoot first hour on sundays for free.,mark

5. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

I think it runs $3.00 for juniors 18 and under. For adults it's $3.50 for a round and $4.50 for a non member. SCTP shooters get targets for $2.00 a round.
    You can get discounts by buying a punch card which has 10 rounds of trap on it, it's something like $0.50 a round cheaper to buy it.

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Club members @ $3.50 is pretty common in Orygun!....Bob Dodd

7. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Northeast Ohio - About 8 clubs within an hour or so, all from about $2.50 to $3.50. Just one place at $4.50, trying to make a big profit, and not getting many customers.

8. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

Club members $4.00

Guests $6.00

Shawn

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Do to the rising cost of lead the price of shooting a round of trap will be coming down. The value of the lead you leave on the trap field will soon exceed the cost of throwing targets. HMB

10. Bob M

Bob M Member

Shippensburg Fish and Game, Shippensburg, Pa
    $2.00 for 25 targets.
    $1.00 for 16 and under.
    First 25 targets for a new shooter or visitor is free.

11. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I belong to 3 clubs in western ny that have trap and skeet. One charges $3, one $3.25, and one $3.50. Most of the rounds I shot this year were @ the club that charges $3.

12. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

Where I go, $2.50 for members or if you prepurchase 10 rounds, and $3.00 cash

13. beyyupot

beyyupot Member

Back east $ 1.75 for committee.......$ 2.50 for members and.........$ 3.00 for non-members. We cannot get enough help to run the place, we might go to $ 5.00 except for the committee. Beer is $ 1.50 per can no problem getting help to tend the bar, water is $ 1.00 each bottle, don't sell much of that.

14. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

All the clubs I’ve been shooting at here in Lancaster County have been $3.00 for 25 practice rounds.

Back home in central PA near Elysburg prices are any where from $2.50 to $4.00. Keystone Sportsman near Muncy, PA is the only club I know that is $4.00. They recently raised their prices this past summer.

All their trap help and office crew at Keystone are paid and not voluntary like most clubs I see here in Lancaster County. Valley Gun in Elysburg is the only I club I know at the moment that is still charging $2.50 for members. The average price is still $3.00.

Dale,

15. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Just a question for the clubs that charge 3.00 or less...

How do you pay for your machines, voice releases, spare parts, electricity, property insurance, liability insurance, trap help, general grounds upkeep, clubhouse, heat and a/c, and whatever else come up, let alone making money for any improvements ?

Bryan

16. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

I belong to two clubs in central Washington state, one charges $3.00 per round for members and $4.00 for non members. The other charges $4.00 per round for trap or skeet but non members pay a day pass of $10 per day.

17. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

$2 OKC, $4 with a card at OTA $6 without, Silver Leaf I heard was $7.

The private club has the advantage. Some number of members X $XXX.00. The memberships should pay for the upkeep and maintenance depending on how many members you have.

Take care

Jim

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Deercreek:

We sell beverages. If we had to live on target fees alone we could not shoot for 3 dollars a round. Juniors are 1.50 a round. NOn members pay 5.00.

HM

19. tachyon

tachyon Member

Omaha, public range owned by the city (Harry Koch), $5.50 per round.

Private clubs $3.00 per round to $5.00 per round depending on the club/membership.

20. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

my club charges $6.50 per round. first time they told me the price i responded
    "i thought jesse james was dead" I guess this sport was never meant to be for the average working man. we need to find a way to hold prices down. any ideas??????????????
    steve balistreri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.