1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Price Check- Bt-99

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Hello All- My dad is interested in trading for a Browning BT-99 a guy at the club has for sale. I think my dad thinks the gun is worth alot more than it actually is.

Here are the specs-

30" screw choked barrel. This has possibly been cut down then threaded as I can't find any reference of browning making a Micro/short barreled BT-99 of this guns vintage. Its old enough that it has the full forend thats like the Citori forend, not the flat type of forend thats on the latest BT99s. Barrel has also been seitz ported.

Stock has been cut down and has had at least a 1" spacer (possibly thicker) in addition to a gracoil added back on (LOP w/ out both would probably be 12.5").

Barrel has wiggle in it when the forend has been taken off. So much that its out of spec, but probably not so much thats its unsafe to shoot.

I forget the top lever position, but i'd guess its @ best at center.

Wood and metal have 80% to 85% finish.

I'll reserve what I told him it was worth until I get some other opinions so as to not skew the responses.

2. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

That bad probably 5-600 bucks at the best! Then they will have to fix it, maybe not that much. Good ones go for $7-900 all the time.

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

$300-$400? Not a lot of good news about this BT.....if it is loose, it'll cost at least 250 to tighten....

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Browning made a bunch of BT-99,s find a nice one and pay 7 or 800 for it . This gun is junk .

5. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Make a floor lamp out of it, dont waste you time, because it isn't worth crap.

6. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

Well, what's one of Red Green's Chrysler K-cars worth after he's modified it to be a lawnmower, bulldozer, duck boat and road grader? Umm, zero? There are like-new ones out there that were babied all their life for under $900. Phil E

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.