1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Previous Thread: BT-100 vs BT-99

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OldGoat, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Recently there was a thread in which the merits of BT-100s vs. BT-99s were discussed. Anyone recall the title/participants so I can search for it? Think MIA had many interesting points in it, but not 100% sure. Thanks, Ed

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Ed. Well, I am not sure from one moment to the next what the hell I say... But I get my 99 back Thursday from Phil Simms restocking the gun Here is my old version

[​IMG]

My new version will go up on TS Thursday afternoon.

I shoot a Spears Release in my gun. Here is that release

[​IMG]

I think (for me) that I find the release systems that Spears and Doug Huppart do (He has Bowens release bus now) to be quite fool proof and vary little with shooting the gun. My BT is a 79 and truly has the most concentric bbl I have ever seen. This is my LF bbl of about .032. It is a very well balanced gun (at the hinge-pin) and moves easily to the target. As soon as I bought this gun (for resale) last July and test fired it I have ridd4ed myself of the dreaded flinches and have had scores that harken back to my best days of trap in 87 and 88 and 89. YOu can look those up. I fully expect to shoot that well again this coing season with this BT.

And here is a BTW for you guys. If you ever take the stock off a long tang BT and end up wiht the tang screw slot not paralell to the tang, holler at me an I tell you how.

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Jack, yep, your post is the one I was thinking of...your response is appreciated. I am currently looking around local sources and needed the info from your experience with BT-99s. Found an earlier one in 98%+ condition with initial asking price of $900...will check further. Best Regards and thanks again. Ed

4. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

MIA,

Would you be interested to sell the original wood from your BT-99?

If it would fit my BT-99 plus, (long-tang) I would be very interested.

Thanks,

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.