1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Presquading and the 2 yd reduction?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dave S, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave S

Dave S Active Member

Would like to presquad for some shoots and haven't received the 2 yd reduction yet. It wouldn't make sense to squad now then have to go back and resquad at 2 yds less. But it's tough to lose a good shooting time. Any suggestions?

2. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

squad for both yardage groups in case you get your card in time. then cancel the one you don't need.

3. Dave S

Dave S Active Member

I am pretty sure presquad.com will only allow you to sign up for one post per event.

4. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

I believe RJ Stuart says right on their site that if you sign up more than once, they'll throw out all your assignments.

Regards,

Chip

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Shoot your old yardage.if you get it in the mail, argue it doesn't apply yet because your already entered in the event. The go out and shoot 96...

6. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Talked to Kathy from Ata today. 2 yard reductions will be honored by way of ATA web site for Dixie Grand.

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Is Kathy running the Dixie Grand? Even though it is a ATA event I would think it was up to who ever is in charge of running the Dixie Grand.

How would this 2 yard reduction be any different than a normal 1 yard reduction? I would think all the same rules apply.

8. smsnyder

Apparently, Kathy is the one who posted the reduction for ATA members. She said they will honor those reductions taken off the ATA web site. at the Dixie Grand.

9. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The same rules do apply.

Rule VI, F, 1, 2nd sentence:

"The ATA Shooter Information Center may be used as evidence of a reduction with verification by a member of the Central Handicap Committee, a voting member of the Executive Committee or the shooters State or Provincial Delegate."

Two of the three people mentioned in that sentence will be doing the classification at the Dixie Grand.

If they don't feel comfortable using the information from the SIC, they can also contact the shooter's Delegate and get his approval.

I advised people in earlier threads where this was discussed to print out their SIC "Printer Friendly" page, contact their Delegate by email for his approval, print out that email, and take both items with them and present them at the classification desk. If you do that, it shouldn't be a problem to get classified at your reduced yardage.

Scott Hoover

ATA Delegate, Utah

10. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Hi Scott, If you see George, please tell him I'm still looking for my reduction and I mailed the $100 bucks.

Thanks a bunch,

Barry Kemper :-}

11. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Barry,

I think that $100 may be lost.

George probably just considers that a down payment.

;)

12. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

It's an interesting dilemma. The number of new yardage cards going out is a huge number, with lots of people involved, never mind the distractions, and it's gonna take a while to get it sorted out. My old professor used to tell us "saying it ain't the same as doing it" and it seems appropriate for this instance. There's an average card in my bag, and it will be used until a new one arrives...or not. We once shot well enough to get to our present yardage and it won't take long to earn at least half of it back in a hurry, perhaps at the first shoot. Why shoot up all of your "chits" at the Podunk fun shoot with 100 shooters in attendance and get the dreaded punch for shooting a 92?

It would make me smile to get the new card two weeks before the PA State shoot, can you spell Kreighoff?....grin/....best...mike

13. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

K-R-I-E-G-H-O-F-F

14. smsnyder

K-O-L-A-R

15. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

K-O-L-A-R C-O-M-B-O

As for the question of "is Kathy running the Dixie?" She cracks the whip and you make the trip. She's in a position to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.