1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PreSquad.com = PA State shoot????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Al 29, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Does the PA State shoot utilize Preaquad.com or is it all write in lottery type presquadding?

Me an two buddies plan on shooting Friday, Sat and Sun. I guess what I am asking is... is it worth is to pre-squad by filling out the form and mailing it in or can we easliy sign up the days of the events? Or like I asked at the beginning, can I pre-squad via computer on Pre-squad.com?

Thanks

2. k80kid

k80kid Member

PA uses the lottery type paper presquadding. You rarely get what you asked for and it's usually full of errors. Personally, I gave up pre-squadding at Elysburg years ago...

3. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

So what you are saying is to show up early in the morning the day of the events and squad rather than bothering with the lottery system?

Should I worry about events Maxing out? I know they have 60 traps (I think) but I don't want to go through all the travel, rooms, etc... then get held out of an event. That it what I worry about. As i said... I never shot there before and know it gets crowded.

Thanks for the info

4. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

i sent a presquad form last year last year and got all the banks and times i wanted. just sent mine in yesterday.

5. robin hartman

robin hartman Member

Someday PSSA will come into the 21st century and we will be able to presquad using the internet, but for now we just have to mail in a silly form and take our chances. Some shooters have been asking for presquad.com for years at Pennsylvania but for some reason they won't listen to us.
    Good luck getting the squads that you ask for.

Robin

6. antique

antique TS Member

i pre squad every year no complaints. jim burk

7. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

They can get a nice little line going at Elysburg. Of course, it is a big shoot and lots and lots of people want to participate. Lines move pretty good. I have gone the first weekend and then reserved for the championship days so when I came back, I just had to see the cashiers.

When talking about presquad.com, please remember there are many many shooters out there who do not have a computer and will never get a computer. the paper way they do it in Pa keeps everybody in the game.

8. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

I presquad every year, just sent the forms in for the Keystone Open. I usually get what i ask for, never had any problems.

Frank

9. whatta_attitude

whatta_attitude TS Member

BY useing the paper system it gives each and everyone one a fair change with the large shoots your not gonna get everything you asked for unless your 1st in line...We need to be fair to those who do NOT have puters and let them get in the mix.The key to getting a lot of the squads you would like is to be timely in sending your application for squads and make sure you have all the information on the app filled out correctly...cant tell you how many I have to turn down because of yardage...
    Good Luck and Better Shooting
    Sandie

10. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Sandie: I guess you can tell me the best. Will there be any problem getting on a squad if my buddy and I wait until we get to the shooting grounds to squad? We could care less if we are squadded together, we just want to shoot. Also, if we do decide to attempt pre-squadding via the paper system, do we have to send in a full squad? We only have the two of us. We wouldn't mind shooting in the same squad because of the times and locations but it isn't that detrimental. We are both the same yardage, at least now we are.

Please advise. We plan on shooting Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

11. k80kid

k80kid Member

"We need to be fair to those who do NOT have puters and let them get in the mix"

Sorry Sandie, but your argument doesn't hold water. Every shoot that I have seen using pre-squad.com also accepts paper forms. It makes it fair for everyone. It's your lottery system that isn't fair.

Let's face it, this isn't about fairness, it's about some shooters getting preferential treatment. Are you?

12. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Al, just show up. There are always holes in squads to be filled and you won't get shut out. You may not the specific bank that you want at the specific time but you will shoot. See you there.

Don't bother with pre-squadding.

Regards,

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.