1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Presidents Town Hall Meeting

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by BMC, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMC

BMC Member

From another forum:

Quote:
    Full Video

The second person "randomly" selected to ask a question was a young girl called Julia Hall from Malden MA (asks question at 29m:25s).

Julia read the following question off a piece of paper: "As I was walking in I saw a lot of signs outside saying mean things about reforming healthcare. How do kids know what is true and why do people want a new system that can help more of us".

This randomly asked question gave Obama the perfect opportunity to talk about "death panels that will pull the plug on Grandma" and to blame Republicans for everything. Someone on facebook who might possibly be Julia's mother and had a photo of her with Obama:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Kathl...all/1545820503

All old information and it cannot be proven that Kathleen is Julia's mother, right????

Hold on, look who is sitting next to Julia in the video: (see image above)

Another "coincidence" is that Julia said she lives in Malden MA and Kathleen Manning Hall's campaign contributions list the occupation "Legal Asst, Looney and Grossman LLP and a home address in Malden MA:

http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/n...fname=Kathleen

Looks like she donated $636 to Obama in 2008.

But wait, there's more:

http://www.city-data.com/elec2/elec-MALDEN-MA.html

This lists donations to Obama of $230 on 6/15/07, $250 on 9/28/07, $500 on 9/30/07, $300 on 3/2/08

http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/n...N+ST&zip=02148

On that link we have the $636 previously mentioned from "Kathleen Manning Hall" but we also have $1355 donated to Obama by "Kathleen Hall, Legal Assistant, Looney & Grossman" at the same address.

(as an aside Looney and Grossman loves Democrats - their employees donated $12,101 in total to Democrats and $0 to Republicans)

Back ot Kathleen's Facebook Page, here are some of her Facebook friends that I googled to see if they were Democratic insiders:

Martha Coakley, (Democrat) Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts http://www.marthacoakley.com/
    Adam Parkhomenko, former aide to Hillary Clinton, Democrat running for VA House of Delegates (who has the support of the Brady Campaign, President Clinton and Wes Clark) http://voteadam.com/
    Addisu Demissie, National Political Director of Organizing for America and former Ohio Get out The Vote director of Obama for America http://www.theroot.com/views/roots-t...ddisu-demissie
    Adrienne Elrod, Chief of Staff to Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-CA) http://www.politico.com/blogs/annesc...ast_night.html
    Alan Rosenblatt, Associate Director for Online Advocacy at the Center for American Progress (and HuffPost blogger) http://www.americanprogress.org/abou...blattAlan.html
    Alayna Van Tassel, Budget and Policy Director for MA Senator Pat Jehlen http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alayna-van-tassel/5/8ba/b80

I could go on and on but I think the point is clear - the cute question about "mean signs" was read from a pre-written note by the daughter of a Democrat political insider who is known to President Obama

2. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

I'm shocked to hear that.

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

BMC,,,,that would mean that hussein's town meeting was "organized",,,,say it ain't so, say it ain't so....

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

They supposedly took applications over the net and selected the attendants randomly, if that is my "understanding" of the process. If an email address was given during the process, did they just happen to compare the applicants with their list of supporters' emails? Tell me that's not so!

5. bigdogtx

BTW,,,,does anyone remember when a sitting POTUS did town hall meetings????

Is hussein a campaigner or a leader????

6. Damifino

Damifino Member

Shocker!

7. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

But, you know, um, like Obama said: “I don’t want people saying I just have a bunch of plants in here.”

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

bigdogtx

"Is hussein a campaigner or a leader????"

A campaigner with an agenda how else is he going to sell his health care package? He can't do by telling the truth so he has to lie. He has to hand pick the people that are let close to him. They certainly aren't going let someone that might argue with the Messiah get near a microphone.

Bob Lawless

9. bigdogtx

Bob, I agree. I just couldn't remember if previous Presidents had done this. I don't think Clinton did this when he wanted to get Hillarycare through, but couldn't remember for sure. Usually when they became President, they acted Presidential.

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

What we need is a "plant' that asks, "Is it not a fact that after 10 years of the proposed program's inception, there will STILL be 36,000,000 in the U.S. without health insurance?"

11. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

I reported him to flag@whitehouse.gov for lying about the AARP being on board with his "reform". This was very fishy and it was my duty to report the liar.

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Here's another story about a town hall meeting, this one in Missouri. The email was from this gentleman's parents. He's a city cop for Panama City,
    Florida.

My Mom sent me this account of how her day went at the Townhall with the wicked witch of the midwest, Claire McCaskill.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am doing this so people know beyond the media how this all went. Overall, it was fine. Yes, people were loud many times, and the only 'problem' was a few illiterates who obviously could not read the signs about no signs. The gal who was run out was the green party candidate from St. Louis. Darlene something. And of course the senior citizen who grabbed her sign and tore it up! Good for him!

This is how it went for Jeff and me.

On the way there, Jeff mentioned that maybe we should take the 'Don't tread on me" flags, but I figured they would not allow us to hold them up. So he suggested we remove them from the stick they were on. As it turned out this was a great idea! We folded them up and stuck them in a pocket. Here is a tip for all of you. Since you can not take a sign since it can be interperted as being able to injure others, make a sign on a dishtowel or hanky! Now I can't say this will always work, but what the heck. If the rules are just for safety, this ought to pass muster. Don't do some big banner, just a suttle little message on a cloth of some type. Or maybe just a flag. Think how that would look if a whole lot of flags were held up! Awesome!

Now back to the story. Jeff and I went thru the checkpoint, we had nothing to be searched, and into the auditorim. As soon as we got in, there was a group of people handing out large sticky labels to wear saying 'Health Care for all Now". I blew a gasket! I immediately turned and went out to the cops and complained about the obvious. We can not have a sign but they can hand out stickers? The police said they had nothing to do with that issue, that was the decision of the college president. "Where is the president?" "Right behind you." There was already a guy complaining about the very same issue. When I ask, he said it was because there was nothing that could be used as a weapon, board, pole, stick, etc. So I began digging my pockets to find my flag. I found it and held it up. He agreed it is acceptable.

I went back to my husband in the auditorium and told him to get his flag out. As we did, 2 officers, don't know for sure if they were college security or police, approached us and stated we would have to put them away. (Note: As some of you may recall at the Carnahan TH some greasy lefty pothead complained about 2 guys handing out 'Tread' flags. The police made THEM stop, but the lefty got to continue his sticker handout. I DECIDED THAT WAS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN!) I stated that was not going to happen and they 'suggested' we go outside and discuss it. My response was NO. I have permission from the college president and I intended to continue with my husband doing the same. Finally they went to check my story, and came back to tell me I was correct. DAH! My husband stayed in his position at the back of the chairs near the door, quiety holding his flag for the entire two hours. Later he was joined by a couple other people with flags as well. I went over to the far side of the room and stood quietly directly in front of the camera stands. We both were approached by numerous people expressing agreement, and numerous people photographing and asking questions. On person with a religous internet site first ask if we were affiliated with an orgainized group. I assured him we were not and had driven there from St. Charles in our car to be here. I was also ask if I was politically active prior to this event. My husband was not, I am an elections supervisor and have been tinkering around political stuff for quite a few years. But nothing more serious than the supervisor job. My husband told me later that 2 or maybe 3 more times someone stopped by and told him he needed to remove his flag. Ain't gonna' happen! There was also one fat dude lib that thought he would challege Jeff, well that didn't last long as soon as Jeff put the flag in his pocket and invited him outside! Normal lib, all mouth, no action.

And then of course there was the greasy, unwashed, long hair hippy type outside yelling at everyone. I told him to go back to momma, brush his teeth for a change and find his bong. Get a job was not ever a possibility for him!

So it was very worth the drive there and back. Jeff was really pumped, something very unususal for him because he hates politics. I looooooved it! I was really shocked as to how many people were anti HC and other stuff, being that it was Jefferson County. But I understand McCaskill got a lot of the same even in se Mo. That also surprises me in a way, very poor but also a lot of retirees.

So everybody, don't roll over if you are told you have to remove your 'sign' unless everyone does, and I mean everyone! WE HAVE RIGHTS AND WE SHOULD ADVOCATE THEM.

April Womack
    Photographer and Artist"

"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

presidents that do town hall meetings