1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

President's Press Conference

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by crusha, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

President

Ok, did ya see it? Prez was pretty slick tonight, if I do say so. The Chocolate Bolshevik now has a little mocha cream mixed in (although Halfmile would remind us he always did...)

What did you think about his Health Care pitch?

I think he done good, but didn't answer the 800 pound gorilla in the middle of the room. He claims we can extend coverage to everybody, and pay for it with savings from "efficiencies."

I don't believe it. I think we will cover everybody and _hope_ to fund it with savings and efficiencies...but if those "savings" don't add up, there will be some taxation mechanism in place to make up the difference out of yours and my backsides.

Anybody?

2. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

The feds doing something efficiently, that would be a first.

Ann Coulter said it best: "All the problems with the American health care system come from government intervention, so naturally the Democrats' idea for fixing it is more government intervention. This is like trying to sober up by having another drink." She has a way with words.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

An hour wasted for a big ball of nothing.

All that talk, and no one knows yet what the plan is.

Hyperbole and rhetoric, Politics as usual. Doesn't seem like meaningful change to me.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v245/halfmile/?action=view&current=vomiingjpgjpg.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

HM

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I missed it. I was taking a nap.

Don

5. over/under

over/under Member

Just wonder how many in DC will sign up for this policy? Would save a lot of money? They could put gov motors retirees on their new plan. Everyone that votes for it should be put on it. Anyone notice how he dodged that question?

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

The guy is either a blooming idiot or delusional,,,,if he thinks what he is saying will work,,,,he IS DELUSIONAL!!!! God help us.

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Unfortunately bigdogtx, Ojackass is both: delusional and a blooming idiot!

8. Guard Rail

Guard Rail TS Member

It would be paid for mainly by cost savings. Are these people talking about our Federal government? They could not run a snow cone stand without Billions in cost overruns. All those illegals and poor people will run to the doctor every time, rather than go to Wall-Mart and buy a pack of band-aids with their own money. All of their money has to be used to buy crack.

BK

9. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

"Recession recovery depends on approval of this health plan" BS scare tactic.

10. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I also noticed how he managed to convict the Cambridge Mass police department of racism in that press conference. He wasn't even there and there is no way he could have known what transpired between his client and the police.

He branded the whole police department racist. He isn't a President he is a little tyrant a dictator and a true racist to boot.

Bob Lawless

11. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

One of my primary concerns of the health care debate was stated by Bill O'Reilly on The O’Reilly Factor immediately following the Presidents infomercial.

That concern is the creation of a national database containing all of our personal medical information.

I wonder what information this database will contain, how it will be used and who may have access to it.

Once you create this database, who besides US citizens will it include?

Once you have this database, what other information or links to information (firearms ownership) will it include?

As to paying for national health care, one obvious method to me is denial of service once you reach a certain age or certain stage in one’s medical situation. A government that supports abortion rights to me will have little resistance to euthanasia or termination of life for the benefit of the state.

Why cannot the US government empower and fund states and municipalities to create free clinics to treat non life threatening illnesses and injuries.

Why is there so little discussion on curtailing frivolous lawsuits and massive awards that cause the cost of malpractice insurance to inflate medical costs? I understand that some physicians schedule needless tests just so that they are covered in case of a lawsuit.

Yes, we do need health reform but it must be carefully thought out and explained to the American people. A rush to pass such critical and life controlling legislation is to me very dangerous.

Ed Ward

12. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I can't make myself watch that lying foreign bastard.

13. over/under

over/under Member

Ivan, I think stupid was the word he used. Setting a fine example.

14. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Have you noticed that the more Obama talks the more he is starting to sound like Rev. Jeremiah Wright. Even though Obama is not a true black, he and his wife are both racist to the core. Don't believe it, listen to last nights speech.

15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

over/under

"think stupid was the word he used. Setting a fine example.

You are correct that is the word he used thereby supporting the claims that the professor made that the police were treating him different because he was a Black man (racist view)

Now that Obama has supported the mans claims he is threatening to sue the city of Cambridge. After all how could you loose with the messiah backing you up.

The strange part is if the police had ignored the call on the break in he would be accusing them of not doing their job. That is how it works best when you give a LEO attitude and you know you have made a mistake you play the race card. Kind of like the proverbial Ace in the hole.

BTW his health care proposal should include any and all members of Congress and the Senate. In other words if we get stuck with it so will they. Then I will bet that it doesn't get passed. What DA Think?????????????

Bob Lawless

16. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

school-teacher brought up a good point that has not had much coverage concerning a government "health plan" and that is the national data base that is part and parcel of such a system. Since the government continues to relentlessly define firearms as a "health hazard" (re various pronouncements from the Center for Disease Control, as well as various dems at times) I do not think it would be long before one of the required bits information the government would require for its "medical information data base" would be information on what firearms, how many, etc that each person had. This would, of course, be required to "assess health risks" for the purpose of "ensuring adequate resources for care, etc. A very neat trick for back door national firearms registration.

As for costs, increasing coverage to the now currently "uninsured" (read illegals among others), there is no way this can be done without increasing costs. From what little is known of the House bill, the "cost" is already between 1 and 1.6 trillion dollars. How is that a "savings?" Even Obama, last nite, noted that while much of the cost would be borne by the "rich" (by which he really means small business) he did say that it would likely require him to tax everybody to some extent. And I have never known of, or even read of, a government program that did not actually cost 2-3 or even more times the projected costs. so if he gets it, lock up your wallets (for whatever good that will do.)

Jim R

17. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

He is going to create a new government bureaucracy to run it, cover millions of currently uninsured, give us more choice, and do all this for less cost without rationing while only raising taxes on a few rich. Now I get it. Better care, more choice, less cost. Who wouldn't be in favor of that. Are Americans really that stupid. YES.

18. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U6oWWGVWSFA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U6oWWGVWSFA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

19. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If Lord Soetoro says the cops acted "stupidly" then he must have read the police report right? All the moron Gates would have had to do was pull out his driver license and he would have gotten an apology and a "Have nice evening".

Must be great to be right (Wright?) all of the time, even when you step on your d*ck.

20. Ed Holt

Ed Holt TS Member

Obama is on TV at least twice a day, he is in Cleveland, New York, Camp David, Miami, Atlanta, St. Louis, Chicao, Gary and on the radio. He spends more time before the telepromters than in the oval office. When does he do the work?

It was said when he was elected that he had a few "advisors" that did all his thinking. Now I know this is true and the one prime one is Rahm Emanuel. Obama is a figure head, not a president.

Is the so called "Stimulus" working? This is the good ole summer time. This is when employment is supposed to be at the highest. A few folks are getting rich (besides U. S. Reps and Senators). These are the bureaucrats. There is no shortage of people at the local, state and federal level getting raises. It is as if there is no recession at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.