1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Presidential Speech Views

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I thought it was kind of wishy washy,,,,going to put in 30,000 troops and start pulling them out in 18 months,,,,wouldn't this just have you hide for 18 months????if you are going to pull out your troops, why would you TELL the enemy....just a question to you military logisticians,,,,how long to get 30,000 troops in country???

This took 3 months to decide????

2. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

He is trying to work both sides. We need to finish this war and he knows it and he told everybody in the campain, one of the first things to get done was get our troops home. He is just tying to please all.(and doing a DAMN POOR JOB of it)Plain and simple he should NOT be in office. He's NOT LEGAL!!!

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

30,000 troops would only fill 1/3 of Michigan stadium.

pull out?.... doesn't sound manly.

4. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Everytime he is on the screen I get sick to my stomach. Kim

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Obama was trying to apease a majority of the people but as usual he came off as arrogant and obviously lacking knowledge of what he was talking about ... He did mention how beautiful he thought the Muslim religion is though, not long after he started ... That was a waste of time, his and ours ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

He is unwilling or unable to do the hard things. These are not the attributes of a real leader. Reagan was able to say, "Tear down this wall", and to walk away at Rekyevic (sic). That is leadership and what we need NOW.

In the last presidential election, Americans, whipped up by the leftist media, voted AGAINST Bush who was not even running and got something much worse. Elections do have consequences and the full impact of the consequences of electing this radical have not yet reached their zenith. But they are coming!

7. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Trying to please everybody pleases no one. I was especially incensed with his comments about the "beautiful" religion of Islam.....but what should I expect at this point?

Looks like he has told the taliban and al quaeda that they can hide for the next six to eighteen months and then it is all theirs.

8. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

When he walked up to the podium and said good evening I wanted so bad for a cadet to scream out "YOU LIE".

9. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Complains about the cost of the war surge at $300,000,000 over three years and spends more than trillion unfunded spending each year for 10 years.

Intellectual IDIOT !!! Well if you consider that is that much his buds at ACORN can't get their hands on. May be the best money we ever spent we did not have.

Rock

Jim

10. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Rock, I think you are far too generous in calling this fool an intellectual.

11. silverado

silverado TS Member

The DH is in a position where he can't vote present. He announces he's sending 30K troops, and then says we're pulling out in 2011 in the same sentence.That's about as close to present as you can get. My, my, he looks like a rat in a barrel of water, swimming in circles, waiting to drown? He wants you to think he's like Harry, (the buck stops here), but wants to pass that baby under the table as fast as he can.

12. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Obama sends only 3/4 of the forces requested by his military advisors and then gives a timeline to finish the job. He states that he will make room for the good "friendly Taliban" to return in a peaceful manner and sets a timeline for a turnover to the corrupt Karzai regime. Seems we are the village and the idiot has been identified. Sure hope we get a new one soon...

Robert

13. brantman

brantman TS Member

sounds like veitnam all over again. started out with a democrat finished with a republican. can only hope that history repeats itdself(as in president)

14. warren

warren Member

Donald Rumsfeld says Obama "made a baldfaced misstatement" about troop requests to Afganistan, that's the first time he has spoken up since he got let go. I note that Cheney was sitting right next to him when he made the statement.

warren

15. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

What an idiot.

16. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I thought his speech was very good. He started each paragraph with a good statement, followed it up with a couple of sentences of fact and moved to the next article in the speech agenda. His purpose was to let the American public know why he was putting more troops in Afganistan and I believe that he did just that. If anyone wants to cower now and bring the troops home all that tells me is that they don't care to finish the job. If we had concentrated on Afganistan instead of going to Iraq for the oil fields the job probably would have been taken care of a long time ago. Now we have to finish what should have been a mop up assignment in Afganistan instead of letting Cheney and Rumsfield convince George to go to Iraq and go after the "oil" . Just the other day there was an article about the billions missing over the feeding of the troops in Iraq. That is just the tip of the iceberg on the mis-appropriated moneys on the war in Iraq. We have to get away from the sand pit and go to the rock pile and finish the job. If that means going to Pakistan to get Osama Bin Laden then so be it. Dan

17. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

You are the first person I have heard that thought the speech was good. Has a war ever been won with a pullout date announced beforehand. There is only one real debate to be had concerning the President and the Democrats running this country. Which is a bigger failure, their foreign policy or their domestic policy. That would be a tough debate.

18. drh08

drh08 TS Member

Wow you people really hate him hu? He is sending 30K more troops, mumbled something about a pull out in 18 months and you are already complaining??? So pulling out you are willing to take his word for but nothing else???
    Look in 18 months the new spin is " I was hoping we could be done in that time frame but it just hasn't happened". Now at that point he pulls out or continues, then you can complain about it.

19. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

The islamo fascists are not that stupid. You can't expect to win anything over there when you are telling them when you are leaving. Better to bring them home now and quit playing games with soldiers lives.

20. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dan,

You're still spouting the old liberal canard that we went to Iraq for oil. If you'd like the facts on this topic, simply click on the above website. Allow me to summarize it by stating that of all our oil imports, less than 5% comes from Iraq. Our greatest source of imported oil is directly to our north, and second biggest is immediately to our south. This kind of information is readily available on the internet.

Chichay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.