1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PRESIDENTIAL INAUGURAL BALLS AND PARTIES

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ontariogal, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

How much does your government pay for these?

Considering the dire economic situation and gloomy forecast for the USA, wouldn't it be prudent for your new president to postpone these to a time when your country can afford such extravagant use of your money?

b.

2. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

you mean like this waste of tax payer money?????????click the link above,,,

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There was some talk about having the Inaugural Party at the local White Castle but they had a Wedding reception on the books for that day ... Nothing like a few sliders and some greasy fries to start your life together out right ... They will be mixing Muscatell and Ripple for the wine selection and call it Muscaripple for all of the Winos who are going to attend ... The happy couple plan on having all of their 12 children present at the reception also, some will also bring their familys ... They planned on a DJ for entertainment but DooDoo Dog and the Pups was busy so settled on a BOOM Box instead ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Heard "P-Diddy" was doing the entertainment? Food! Well, Chitlains over pork hocks with white gravy, Fried Carp covered with fried oak'ra, served with poke salad. Desert: Sweet potato pie. Hm! yummmm. I think I'll try for a invite.

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Ontariogal...I agree wholeheartedly with you. Doing so would be very much in line with what he has been preaching to the public:

1. Money saved can be redistributed to struggling people\entities.

2. Less energy will be spent in lighting and heating the building, cooking the food, clean up afterward, etc.

But I doubt that he will lead by example.

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

oicu812, what are those stalagtites made of?!!! I can just see one falling off and killing someone who is sitting one of the seats below. Did you look at all of the pics?

7. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

curvy,,depends on who's in the room,,,that might not be a bad thing,,,,lol

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Since the tab goes to UNOWHO you can bet the first lady's taste for goodies will rule. Remember her snack tab at the Waldorf? 500 bucks for snacks for her. If moneys no problem, no problems. Hap

9. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I could have painted that crap for $10 Million. Just think of the money they would have saved.

10. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Obama blows off Medal of Honor recipients. I heard this on radio today. For the first time since 1953, the first "Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball" that honors recipients of the Medal of Honor, the newly elected President didn't make an appearance. If true there is no excuse for this.

11. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

It's only gonna get worse...just stand by!!

Curt

12. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

13. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"Reporters confirm that over 600 private jets will have touched down at Washington D.C. for the Obama inauguration.

The Washington Dulles runway was closed as early last Saturday to make room for some of the planes to park. And the Metropolitan Washington Airports claimed that they were expecting a total of 500 private jets to land during inauguration week.

“That would set a record, topping the 300 the airport accommodated for President George W. Bush’s 2004 inaugural,” claimed an Airports Authority."

How's that for a carbon foot print?

14. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

You all want to see a party?

Check out JB's other thread about the 1 million pigs. If it was President Bush coming into office the media as*holes would have been asking why it wasn't cleaned up by 4:00 PM.

Tom(AJ100)

15. Easy Does It

Easy Does It TS Member

Come on everybody there are certain things in life that need to be done weather you can afford it or not. Ontariogal you can relate, can't you. Do I need to start a list for ya'll. Life is short live it like you stole it.........that's my motto!

Rick

16. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Recurvyarcher,

I was thinking the same thing as you.

With the economy being in trouble, and a lot of people in dire financial straits I would think $175,000,000 could be spent in a better way.

But such is the way of Washington. "Don't do as I do but do as I tell you to do"

Another thing that bothers me is that if Past President Bush had done this the T.V. networks would have gone crazy.

Please Pray for OUR COUNTRY.

Jerry Walker

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The 2004 inauguration had a price tag of 42 million and the Bush Administration was vilified and pilloried in the media for the expense. I'm sure you can google 2004 inauguration expense and find many writers just lambasting the Bush admin.

This one was more than 3 times the expense and you have not heard a peep, other than Fox.

That tells you who our enemy is.

HM

18. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"POSTED January 21 2009 2:32 PM BY CARRIE SHEFFIELD
    An inaugural ball honoring U.S. military veterans ended in a kerfluffle as several veterans walked out when a musical act's attempt at humor backfired.

During the Heroes Red, White & Blue Inaugural Ball honoring the nation's veterans, a vocalist with George Clinton and the P. Funk All-Stars held up a white towel with large block letters saying "[Expletive] GEORGE," perturbing many audience members who walked out after the display, interpreting it as a jab at the outgoing commander-in-chief, George W. Bush.

A spokeswoman for the ball's organizers said the sign was inappropriate.
    "Obviously we and the Heroes Ball coordinators were unaware that the sign existed and did not support their actions, especially considering our non-partisan mission and treasured military audience," said ball spokeswoman Carrie Foster."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.