1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Presidential Executive Orders - Anarchy

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BIGDON, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I see where Obama is saying he is going to use the Pres. Executive Orders as soon as he gets in office to initiate his programs.

Google "Presidential Executive Orders" and be prepared to be scared to death. He is preparing to bypass Congress, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights. Exec. Orders gives the President abosolute power to do any damn thing he desires. No wonder Farrakan, Wright, Ayers and Khaldi are smiling today and saying what a wonderful election, they are installing a dictator without a shot being fired. Yes he even has the power to suspend elections.

The real shit storm hasn't even started.

Don

2. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Every President uses Executive Orders......Slick Willy issued a whole bunch of 'em just before he left office.

John C. Saubak

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Yes, but most of our previous presidents had a clue and knew what restraint was. We'll have to see about hussein.....

4. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Thanks, Hussein supporters.

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Wait a minute; if the power to issue "Executive Orders" were abused, in an ideal scenario Congress ought to act and start investigating impeachment and restraining orders. Assume, in a theoretical scenario, a president issued something absurd such as banning federal elections for ten years. Could not Congress block such an absurd order via due process, i.e., impeachment? Any lawyers who can answer this basic about our government that I, admittedly, do not know? Is this how checks and balances are designed to work, i.e., if an executive were to say, fall victim to dementia or other cognitive injury in a worst case situation. Lawyers, students of government, how's it work exactly?

6. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Congress would probably start impeachment hearings almost immediately. Upon reporting articles of impeachment by the House Committee on the Judiciary to the full House, and upon passage of the articles, the Senate would then schedule a trial.

Issuing an over-broad executive order is one thing, but enforcing it would be another. During the Civil War, Abraham Lincoln suspended habeas corpus, and literally locked up a politician in Ohio who was a Copperhead Democrat. His actions were overturned by the Supreme Court, but he ignored them. Today, it would be nearly impossible, since a Federal judge would likely issue a temporary restraining order, preventing the executive order from taking effect. Of course, the President could ignore the court decision, as did Lincoln.

The XXV Amendment provides for succession of the President. In part, it states that the Vice-President and cabinet officers may determine the incapacity of the President, and notify the President Pro Tem of the Senate, and the Speaker of the House of their intent. The Vice-President would then assume office as President. Congress may, by law, also determine who should also be in council on this matter.

Read the full text of the XXV Amendment. It goes into great detail.

Dennis

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

pendennis: Very scholarly, wished I'd been exposed to that information or did not overlook it if it was presented during my school days. Thanks.

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Dennis- Andrew Jackson was the first President to ignore a Supreme Court Decision. Jackson has ordered the Cherokee, and some other tribes, to walk from the Carolinas to Indian Territory (now Oklahoma) and set up new homes. The Supreme Court said he could not do that and his reply was "try and stop me". Lincoln did follow his example.

Pat Ireland

9. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I don't think Obama is only looking at 1 or 2 terms in office. With his ego he will want to be dictator for life. I will be very surprised to see him step down at the end of his term. I fully expect him to be more like Chavez, Castro or Putin. By the time he leaves office the constitution will be nothing more than an old rag.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

When Obama steps down from the Oval Office he will probably move back to Kenya and take over there ... There are a lot of people who move back to where they come from to retire because it will always be their home in their heart ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.