1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

President offers to return 5% of salary

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by amboy49, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who read the newspaper article that stated that President Obama has offered to forego 5% of his Presidential salary in an attempt to demonstrate his support of the public and other workers who will see their income cut as a result of the sequester. If there is another thread re: this I may have missed it.

Let me understand this. He will take a 5% pay cut. However, he is still receiving : free rent, free food, unlimited expense account, budget that provides for a number of perks for his wife and children. Somehow, I can't see Obama actually "picking up the check" with money out of his own pocket. (Actually the money in his pocket is derived from the taxpayer) . . . . if you don't count all of the money he has made from "investments" or other revenue.

I consider this more of an insult that a heartfelt gesture. What a maroon ! I guess he is trying to say "I feel your pain."

End of rant.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Obama should adjust his salary based on what he has accomplished that benefit the people of America, he would be totally upside down and never be able to catch up on the debt ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

You can have the 5%, just don't mess with the vacations.

4. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Whadda guy. That ought to cover the toothpicks and mints for the numerous dinner parties.

5. dshot

dshot Member

If he paid 5% of his wife's trips and parties would help.

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

He shouldn't even be getting paid

7. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Hoy about paying back the american people for all his vacations.5% of his salary isnt squat compared to the tax payers money he spends for his kids spring breaks. 5% wouldnt even pay his dog walker or cover moochelles butt wipe

What a Joke

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Obvioualy he is independently wealthy so what does 5 percent of his salary mean to him?

I wonder if there has been a President that has given all of his salary back?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

9. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Rick Barker hit the nail on the head. Not to mention, how would you like to have a job where you could vote yourself a pay raise.

10. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

Or he could simply get paid for the actual hours that he does work but somehow I think he'd have to go back to being a community organizer to make ends meet.

11. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Was told by a lawyer once, even if you got a bad contractor, he still has to get paid...he has to put food in his mouth. He did the job even if it was a bad job. Said I could not afford to fix it and that was taking food from my mouth before I left.

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'd settle for automatic cuts across the board for every federal agency, every federal program, every federal grant, every federal subsidy, every federal aid, of 5% per year, every year, and no deficit spending allowed at all.

13. larryx

larryx Member

He's only worried about his ratings. And I don’t think he was smart enough to do it. Someone told him to do it.

14. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

GN7777777 , George Washington declined payment although he may have submitted padded expense accounts. JFK gave his to charity. This country was founded by the wealthy and has always been, always will be, run by the wealthy.

15. 1perazzi

1perazzi Member

I have taken more then a 5% cut since he became president. Why did he take so long to figure this out?

16. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I heard on the news Kerry is doing something similar.

That should make all of you feel better......NOT

Regards.....Gerald

17. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Carter turned the heat down in the White House as symbolic leadership during the energy crisis.

Stupid and ineffective to educated people.

18. oz

oz Active Member

Why does he need an income at all????? everything he does, vacations, golf, campaigning, going to all kinds of sports events, photo shoots, etc. ad infinitum is paid for by we tha people. his $400,000 per year probably goes to an offshore account. Oh and don't forget the millions and billions he gives to our enemies. Not his money!!!!

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    How many of you are old enough to remember Jimmy Carter being taken to task for paying no taxes? And his 'solution' of writing out a check to the IRS for a few thousand dollars to show what a good guy he was? And the utter failure of the media to point out that you cannot legally overpay or donate money to the IRS, so he eventually got it back because it was prepayment of future taxes, thus he simply overpaid.

20. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hmm, sounds like a nice, regular, beer-drinking, golf-playing, hoop-shooting, married-to-a-big-butt average guy to me...(says the low-information voter).

This is the signature flourish which is the trademark of this President: they took a radical community agitator who used to hang out with Saul Alinsky and Jeremiah Wright, and re-badged him as a normal, down-to-earth, average guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.