1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

President Bush TRIBUTE

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by crusha, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Well, as our last Republican President in probably forever prepares to leave the White House, I think it's fitting to look back and be thankful. He made some mistakes, but it wasn't all bad:

John Roberts and Samuel Alito are on the Supreme Court. (ok, he tried to sneak Harriet Miers past us...but we whipped him into line on that).

And for a change - it is the LIBERALS who are complaining that the COURTS are resistant to their goals, and they might actually be forced to (gasp!) RESORT TO THE LEGISLATIVE PROCESS to achieve their policies! Hallelujah, asshats, it's about time you joined the rest of the world on this.

The Second Amendment is finally recognized to mean exactly what it says! Thanks MAINLY to the two gentlemen mentioned above. (I never thought I would see this in my lifetime).

George Bush leaves on his own terms. He isn't popular...but they couldn't defeat him, either. He stood for re-election AFTER the war was in progress, and he WON. So let the liberals bitch.

There are plenty of reasons I'm glad Al Gore or John Kerry weren't there instead.

How about you?

2. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

So long ... farewell ... good bye and thanks for leaving us in such great shape. Maybe a Democrat will now turn it all around and correct all of your mistakes like other Democrats have done in the past so the next time we get another Republican they can do to us what you have done to us all again.

Take care and thanks for all you've done.

3. TRAINWRECK

TRAINWRECK TS Member

deleted by Mod

4. TRAINWRECK

TRAINWRECK TS Member

Come on now. That was funny.

5. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

Bush....right on the tax cuts. Biggest expansion of government under his watch. Added Medicare Rx to a system that will be teetering on insolvency. The Politicos will not admit to the those in their 20' or 30's or even in their 40's SS, etc, will not be there for them. However, we need your money to buy senior constituencies for elections now. Wrong on illegal immigration. The Iraq war? I'd say the money would have better spent securing the North American continent and continuing work on an anti missle defense. Call this guy a conservative is being very generous. I for one will not miss him.

6. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

The country was in good shape until the liberals took over two years ago. An 8% congressional approval says it all.

Speaking of demo's, Carter couldn't grow a peanut, and his military couldn't get a few helicopters off the ground to rescue some hostages. Interest rates, inflation and unemployment at or near double digit. Good riddance.

Then there's the second president to be impeached, slick willie. The standard bearer of liberalism, who has shown that status in the demo party is achieved by lies and deceit.

Hussein is damaged goods, who has repeatedly told lies about who he befriends and who he is associated with. Look at the people he has nominated, and the scandals surrounding them. Hussein is Chicago politics through and through.

7. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Here we go with the deleted by MODS again. Must be a DEMOCRAT. JMHO or NSHO

8. TRAINWRECK

TRAINWRECK TS Member

No, I not a Obama backer. Its was just a good joke that the mod didnt like. I will say that I will not miss Bush and his spending. If the man didnt like what congress sent him, he should have Vetoed it.

9. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

the best part of bush leaving the white house is that there are no more bush buffoons able to run for president. the savings & loan scandal will keep jeb out of the whitehouse. no,i didn,t vote for bambi.i have never liked bush & i never will.all politicians are dirtbags,i don,t care what party they represent.dwain

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

Oh YEAH...I'm feelin' the love here (lol)

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

While I voted for him twice and he is from, and coming back to, my state,,,,I, for one am thankful for his watch,,,,he DID keep us from being attacked again by going after them. (I know you say I can't PROVE that they didn't attack us because of you, but you can't PROVE they didn't) I could not have a nightmare as bad as I feel it would have been under Gore or Kerry.

His stance on illegal immigration is, like most of the rest of those in power of this country believe,,,,is wrong. There is no debate on this fact.

Tax cuts were right,,,,signing every bill except one or two was WRONG. He went with the misconceived idealism that partisianship was give and take,,,,boy was he wrong,,,,here in Texas we can scream and holler at each other and then shake hands and go on and get things done for the majority,,,,not in that cesspool called the Capitol Hill,,,,the venom just seems to flow in the streets and ooze from every crack and crevice there.

The media for reasons not comprehended by me,,,,never gave him a chance from the get go,,,,was it the fact they had egg on their face from the premature calling of Florida in 2000,,,,I don't know,,,,but noone can say that they have been independent in their reporting of the "news". Was it the loss of viewership that the "news" outlets had to hype up the rhetoric,,,,maybe, but this has never been like this before!!!!

What has been really amazing to me in these past year is the HATE that so many hold for him,,,,it is totally unadulterated _hate_,,,,while I really don't like what some other presidents have done,,,,I don't hate them. I have not seen this in my half century of life that when you mention, Bush, people go into a tirade,,,,when you ask them to explain it,,,,they can't or just spout the rhetoric they heard on the television.

My $.02.

12. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

13. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

ALF,
    That's a great image...would make a great bumper sticker, past tense, for what he did for us the last 7 years.
    I liked the man, sure he had some mistakes, but sure a whole lot better than the 2 guys he whupped.

puablo

14. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

He wasn't mean enough, but, I guess if he had tried to refute the countless lies told about him, that's all he would have gotten done.

15. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

9/11 didn't that happen on Bushes watch?Did he not have warnings of an attack?
    Did he not let 20 members of Bin Ladens family fly out of the United States?

Did he not start a War that caused over 4,000 deaths and over 30,000 wounded?
    Was he not on watch when the VA hospitals was a disgrace?

Didn't he say to the UN if we have to we will go it alone?

Yes, then there was Mission Accomplished.

To sum it up a farewell speech of 13 minutes that said Me.me,me,me,me,me,.

ADIOS Mr Bush

Bocephas

16. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

I always wondered why newbuis would back that POS obama.

I found the reason.

Subject: ANY DENTIST OUT THERE? NEED SOME ADVICE!
    Email:
    Date: 08-Dec-08

"Drink heavily ... that cures all problems but remember ... drink heavily and never allow yourself to sober up and you will have no more problems"

That explains it.

Tom(AJ100)

[​IMG]

17. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I personally have been very proud to call Him, My President. Reporter's were trashing him before he even took office, as many on this site have done. I keep forgetting how perfect some of you are as well as your so called reporters. I don't care who you are or what your job is, you have made mistakes. Some of his decisions that you say were mistakes, I applaud him for making. We have been safe! Oh, and we will see what our new president will do for us. If you can read and have tried to find his intentions you will know that one of the first things he intends it to deepen the debt of our country. You have a right to your opinion, just like I do. I've seen the good that President Bush has done and will forever be proud of him. Jackie B.

18. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Personally I liked Bush, but he was a major disappointment if you are conservative. I didn't vote for him, but I donated money to his campaign. I voted Libertarian instead because I knew my state was going his way in both elections.

He was too nice of a guy, he wouldn't say no to anybody. He was hired to protect the constitution and the republic. We get Dobermans, German Shepherds, and Pit Bulls to guard JUNK yards, but to defend our most precious resource "our constitution" we got a Golden Retriever.

For 7 years he never veteod a spending bill, he ignored the border, he gave us RX coverage, let Ted Kennedy write the education bill, etc..

Positives - war on terror, tax cuts, tried to privatize social security.

Bush 43 is the poster child for the story about the man/boy/donkey.

I knew this country was in trouble when his father, Bush 41 inauguration address pined for a "kinder, gentler nation".

19. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

9/11 happened on his watch, but how was that his fault? Even the Dems say the information was botched (that info came from a Clinton CIA that had been skeletonized over the years). He did not start the war. I believe all but 2 representatives voted for it. I liked his honesty and the job his administration did protecting the country. I did not like his type of partisan conservatism. The congress during his terms spent tax dollars like a bunch of drunk sailors. I thought he was right in telling the world "your either with us or against us"....about time. Those of you who make fun of his vocabulary, should look over the spelling on some these threads. This could end up being "Preacher Syndrom". Ever have a pastor that you thought was boring and the sermons didn't make sense? Then you get a new pastor, and he's so bad you leave the church?

20. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

"9/11 didn't that happen on Bushes watch?" slick willie had 5 attacks on U.S. citizens on HIS watch, including the first Trade Center bombing. slick willie could have and should have taken out OBL, but, gratification was more important. Where is your outrage??

"Did he not have warnings of an attack?" There were many warnings. slick willie knew that terrorists were taking flight lessons. Blame that cuss. Read the 9/11 Commission report.

"Did he not let 20 members of Bin Ladens family fly out of the United States?"
    If you are implying Bin Ladens family was allowed to leave without investigation and clarification, you are dead wrong. Stupid wrong, as a matter of fact. DO THE RESEARCH!

"Did he not start a War that caused over 4,000 deaths and over 30,000 wounded?"
    The last war conducted by liberals cost us 58,000 DEAD. For WHAT? Where is your outrage there?? Where??

"Was he not on watch when the VA hospitals was a disgrace?" slick willie is more to blame than Bush. Do the research. Some of it, addressing that very
    topic, is posted on another thread, by a vet that knows.

No further attacks on his watch, unlike on slick willies watch. Two conservative supreme court justices appointed, that defined the Second Amendment as the founding fathers intended it to be, instead of two liberal justices. The first B.S. assault weapons ban was allowed to EXPIRE on his watch.

The "disgrace" are the liberals, that vote for invasion, then stab the deployed soldiers in the back.

Give me Bush any day over Gore or Kerry. Neither of them are smart enough to pour pee out of a boot, like some others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.