1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

President Boehner

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Barry C. Roach, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Is John Boehner a good candidate for the Presidency? He talks a good game but there must be something wrong with him....or is he just waiting for the right time?

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Right now he has his hands full getting republiCONs elected and then reversing the damage done by the democRATS.

3. Barry C. Roach

What say you Ohioans?

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

He smokes, I've seen him. If that makes any difference.

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

He's smoke'n liberals right now.

6. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Probably no better or worse than any other politician in Washington. Just more of the same old BS.

John E.

7. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

+1 He's a professional politician. There's a problem with all of them. Need term limits. Less Federal Gobernment. All they do is TAX & BUY votes with our hard earned money.

8. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

As an Ohioan, I have no problem with Mr. Boehner, but he is a politician like the rest. He "talks a good game" because that is what politicians do. I do not get a real "genuine" vibe from him, like I do from Mike Huckabee, who should be our next President.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You will not get the best person. You will have to settle for whatever floats to the top after you get done shaking out oratory skills(he has them) connections, (got em too) but the realistic parts like executive ability, common sense, leadership, and empathy for the electorate are unknown quantities.

Whatever candidate is selected must be electable. I think Boehner and Romney are two good selections. Huck is way too much the nice guy.

The distant rumblings you hear now are only indicative of the future in the farthest sense of the word.

HM

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I don't know how he made it this far in politics without changing his name. Seriously...

11. Barry C. Roach

I don't know if we can elect a Baptist minister or a Mormon. I agree that we need someone with charisma. That's hard to find amongst conservatives. Gingrich would suit me and I think he can beat Obama. He's one of those guys who speaks well and, if you listen to him, he's convincing.

It may be a tough sell once the Dems start dragging him through the mud. I think he can withstand the scrutiny though and break through. He's a smart and tough SOB. I also like Giuliani and he can probably deliver the NE U.S. The rest of the country would vote for a chimpanzee before voting for Obama again.

12. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

recurvy I just got what you meant, my sides are hurting, wouldn't that get him the womens vote? It would be a good middle name for our 42nd prez.

As much as I like huck he's been on tv too much, having that program has left the haters with way too much material they could clip out of context and use against him. And I hate to say it, cause they are both wonderful people, but they would have to hide his wife which would be difficult. Last time he campaigned the press always got her in the shot. And the Baptist minister is a problem for some but IIRC wasn't Jimmy Carter a Baptist lay preacher? Whoops, that wouldn't be a good justifier, never mind.

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Sarah Palin is unelectable to high office. Every time she appears the pukes start foaming at the mouth and screaming, doing the most unimaginable things. I think most of it is fear motivated, since she is not of the elite Park Avenue type female politician.

Michelle Bachman is viable, and oozes common sense. However, I don't think she would be as effective in the V.P. slot as she is now.

As far as The BAptist/Mormon thing, we did elect a Catholic president when they said it would never happen.

A Tea Party approved Republican, with a workable philosophy that sells is needed.

Personally I'm hoping some day to see a Libertarian President and a bare bones government that doesn't suck the life out of the country. I don't think I'll live long enough.

HM

14. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Sounds like recurvy pronounces his name the I think it should be pronounced "bone . . .er". doggai, you are correct, just how does one get so dark????

John E.

15. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

IF you want to hear an electable and articulate candidate, youtube Mike Huckabee discussing the fair tax. This is a down to earth genuine guy who can relate to the masses and is extremely intelligent. I am a Catholic and have no problem with him being a Minister of any sort and I do not think the majority of Americans would either. If I felt a candidate would fix the mess we have created, I would vote for someone of any religion, Muslim, Aethist, whatever, I just want someone that can get the government/spending under control.

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Oh, I DEFINITELY would vote for Fred Thompson. The libs would have their hands full with him.

17. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I simply can't, in good conscience, vote for anyone who professes to believe the earth is only 5000 years old.

Both Huckabee and Palin have stated this.

18. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

I alsi like Paul Ryan from Wisconsin...

The winning ticket could be Newt and Condi or Condi and Newt either way you slice it!

I would vote for Condi as President any day! A conservative women that was once a Democrat then saw the light and served our country as well as anyone in her position! What an intelligent person to say the least! Do you think she would have backed down to the Soviets about the Missile Systems in Poland like Obummer did? Hello no! Have you ever heard a disingenuous remark out of her mouth let alone hear her misspeak about anything what so ever? Hello no! She is the real deal and if I were the Republicans I would be recruiting big time!

Unfortunately she will never run...Too bad...She would be the first women president if she did!

19. Barry C. Roach

timb99 - your saying either you didn't vote in the last presidential election or you voted for Obama?

20. Barry C. Roach

I'm a Thompson man myself. There must be something in his past that will hurt his chances thought. There's something wrong. I think he'd make a great president in the Reagan tradition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.